Released Prisoners to be forced straight onto Work Programme

Swearing won't change anything!

And back to the real world, these are convicted criminals who have certain rights suspended. In reality they are getting paid for this work. If they choose not to do the work (which is still their right) then they will be in breach of the rehabilitation set out for them.

What are you suggesting instead?

Can't you see it's actually a good thing and not really slavery other than in a twisted simple sense of the term!

My Bold=

Go on then, what rights are suspended?

I'm a convicted criminal and it's attitudes like the one I have highlighted in your post that is the problem why ex cons find it hard getting a job.

My Bold=

I'm a convicted criminal and it's attitudes like the one I have highlighted in your post that is the problem why ex cons find it hard getting a job.

er? Are you still in prison?

Oh, that's why it concerns convicts. Course it's a justice issue which is looking towards welfare and work as a solution to the existing problem.

Nope it's got nothing to do with the justice system. Judges will not be given power to sentence people to workfare. If they ever do we are on a very slippery slope.

My Bold=

The reason why convicted criminals get a hard time finding a job is because of their own earlier actions. You've been sent down numerous time for violence yes, are you saying I shouldn't even consider that you have an extensive record of not controlling your temper when I next come to hire?

Hmmm, Daddy or chips!

Nope it's got nothing to do with the justice system. Judges will not be given power to sentence people to workfare. If they ever do we are on a very slippery slope.

It's not on an individual basis, but it is being appended to all sentences, even whilst they are still in prison (the justice system).

Are we not already on a slippery slope with the current system, is that not why things are getting worse?

It's not on an individual basis, but it is being appended to all sentences, even whilst they are still in prison (the justice system).

Are we not already on a slippery slope with the current system, is that not why things are getting worse?

Nope. It's not being appended to any sentences. Where did you get that idea from?

The reason why convicted criminals get a hard time finding a job is because of their own earlier actions. You've been sent down numerous time for violence yes, are you saying I shouldn't even consider that you have an extensive record of not controlling your temper when I next come to hire?

Hmmm, Daddy or chips!

So you think people who can't control their temper should be mandated into compulsory work placements. How would you feel if potentially violent ex-prisoners were forced into your workplace?

LOL, so why are they saying all convicts are to be put on the scheme? Hence appended to all sentences...

Nobody has said that it will be added to the sentence. If you can provide any kind of evidence I'm willing to have a look.

Archived