50 years ago today the dangers of smoking & cancer were shown to the public

It is, fundamentally so. It is your choice to stand outside. No amount of rephrasing can negate that fact.

Your choice is: smoke outdoors, or don't smoke. That is where your choice has been limited.

Yes, because of a plan hatched over 50 years ago, like I said. What exactly was your point?

radio sheffield have been battering this topic to death all morning, its about time cig companies had to pay for the NHS treatment suffered by their clients.

I agree. 20 years ago today my father died with lung cancer, he'd smoked all his adult life and no-one could convince him that smoking would cause his death.

That nobody is forcing you to do anything. Any moral claim that "poor smokers are forced" is untrue. You have the liberty to poison yourself freely, and that should be celebrated.
"Moral claim" What has morality got to do with where I stand?

Anyway, the thread is about the plan to make smokers stand out in the cold, not how you feel about smokers

the thread is about the plan to make smokers stand out in the cold

Which we've concluded is a false claim, and can only be false. It is a choice they make.

I'll stop flogging a dead horse now. You can take a horse to a pub but you can't make it drink ... or something like that.

I think the epitomy of stupidity however must be awarded to those in hospital who make the daily trek on crutches, in wheelchairs, bed slippers and gowns, t-shirts, pregnant, infirmed by the very thing they crave for in order to puff on their tabs in weather that sometimes defies all logic.

Which we've concluded is a false claim, and can only be false. It is a choice they make.

I'll stop flogging a dead horse now. You can take a horse to a pub but you can't make it drink ... or something like that.

Where did you prove the claim that smokers have to stand outside false? And what has morality got to do with where I stand?

"Moral claim" What has morality got to do with where I stand?

Anyway, the thread is about the plan to make smokers stand out in the cold, not how you feel about smokers

I feel sorry that you've got a hobby that regularly 'forces' you out in the cold, is expensive and vastly increases the chance of dying of a nasty condition.

Why not do something different?

Archived