50 years ago today the dangers of smoking & cancer were shown to the public

If a person wants to smoke that is their choice,they know the risks..and they dont need people to tell them what they are doing wrong,life is full of bad things that can happen to you..You may get knocked down by a bus tomorrow.

I'll take my chances with the bus

Do you think the banning of cigarettes on display in shops will help people quit?

Artilce here

I doubt it will help people to quit. I think it is more an intention to persuade people not to start.

Over the last 50 years increasing restrictions have been put on smoking and it has led to a massive reduction in the use of tobacco in the uk. This is just one further move.

It is pretty clear that over the next few years tobacco taxes will increase, where tobacco can be smoked will be further restricted, as will where it can be bought. The government is sending out a clear message to people that it is no longer cool to smoke and should they take it up they can expect to be further isolated. Who knows the next initiative might be to add substances to make cigs ever less agreeable to smoke.

Walking through Glasgow city tuther day and the traffic was busy.The fumes coming from the buses were making me feel queasy.I then sat in the smokers area at the pub,and the smokers having a fag never bothered me. So leave off the smokers,and vent your distaste towards traffic fumes.

Walking through Glasgow city tuther day and the traffic was busy.The fumes coming from the buses were making me feel queasy.I then sat in the smokers area at the pub,and the smokers having a fag never bothered me. So leave off the smokers,and vent your distaste towards traffic fumes.

I think that you may be DELIBERATELY missing the point.

Archived