Benefits cheat invents 10 children!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4174923/Benefits-cheat-mum-invented-10-children.html

Invented 10 children, said her 2 children were disabled when healthy, claimed child care costs for non-existent children, and got £42,000 of fraudulent benefits!

And when she got caught he got a 6 month suspended sentence, and 120 hours of community service! Theres no mention of having to pay it back...

WTH? Don't they check for things like the births of children? I'm sure you need to send off birth certificates and the like to claim? :loopy:

Maybe someone in the benefits office was in on it. Maybe this fat scumbag had a contact within the local register office. Maybe she just was blatently lying when she went down to the register office.

Who knows. The Sun certainly dont.

Either way the sentencing is poor.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4174923/Benefits-cheat-mum-invented-10-children.html

Invented 10 children, said her 2 children were disabled when healthy, claimed child care costs for non-existent children, and got £42,000 of fraudulent benefits!

And when she got caught he got a 6 month suspended sentence, and 120 hours of community service! Theres no mention of having to pay it back...

WTH? Don't they check for things like the births of children? I'm sure you need to send off birth certificates and the like to claim? :loopy:

It's a disgrace. This community service malarky puts people out of work. She will be doing a job, so that means that there is a job that needs doing and she should be paid for it.

She should be paid a decent rate of pay. If they don't pay her minimum wage, or pay her at all, then her human rights are being breached. Slavery it is.

I'd argue looking after children is a full time job in itself (and a woman shouldn't have to work) one income should be enough to raise a family and buy an house. You can't raise a family when your at work!

She been paid to raise a family o ten and they only two, only fair she pays back what was unfairly awarded. That of the children that did not exist.

Either way the sentencing is poor.

When I consider that my partner got 250 hours and a £500 fine for just being there when his cousin had a fight with a pub landlord (solicitor said to plead guilty or face jail with this certain judge, although his cousin had admitted causing injury, they were tried together) it is pretty poor, his cousin got 250 hours on tag, and the same fine, which is arguably better than community service!

Basically this womans got off very lightly me thinks.

Would just love to know hoe shes registered these3 births, without some inside knowledge. When I registered my births, they had all the details on the computer as proof that it actually happened, then I had to send birth certificates off to claim child benefits and tax credits.

This is certainly not a case that will act as any deterrent to benefit fraudsetrs.

In the cases of benefit fraud that I have read about in the last few years, those found guilty have had to pay the money back

Yes at something like 20p a week for the next 150 years.

Face it, until benefit fraud carries an automatic custodial sentence, people will try and get away with it, as the penalties are so weak it makes the risk with the gamble.

Archived