Partners/relationships!how diverse are you

A single example of anything cannot be diverse, since there are no other examples from which it could divert.

Then I struggle to see where the diversity might come from as each single example is a reflection of the others in as much as they involve two people in a partnership. A threesome would be diverse, or a marriage involving a goat.

Then I struggle to see where the diversity might come from

It will arise - or not - by comparing the OP's relationship to all of the others that people post about. Only when there's a quantity of things to compare between, can we decide which - if any - of them divert from the norm, and how diverse is the group as a whole. A group of one cannot be diverse, by definition - it is exactly what it is and doesn't differ from itself in any way.

It will arise - or not - by comparing the OP's relationship to all of the others that people post about. Only when there's a quantity of things to compare between, can we decide which - if any - of them divert from the norm, and how diverse is the group as a whole. A group of one cannot be diverse, by definition - it is exactly what it is and doesn't differ from itself in any way.

So they need to be a bit more forthcoming than simply having a partner.

So they need to be a bit more forthcoming than simply having a partner.

Most of them have been, at least as far as geographic details go.

My first wife was from Worthing and my seconds from Shrewsbury, but then I don't come from Sheffield either. We only moved here a few years ago.

Most of them have been, at least as far as geographic details go.

My first wife was from Worthing and my seconds from Shrewsbury, but then I don't come from Sheffield either. We only moved here a few years ago.

I guess I view diverse as a bit more extreme than partnering someone from out of town as this in itself will not be so unusual.

I guess I view diverse as a bit more extreme than partnering someone from out of town as this in itself will not be so unusual.

That just depends on what sort of diversity the OP is looking for; geographical diversity is not a particularly interesting one, at least not to you or me, but it's all we have to go on so far.

Archived