Comic Relief Mile Event at Meadowhead!

Sheffield Transport Sports Club is proud to host its first ever Comic Relief Mile Event on Sunday 25th March, offering 1, 3 or 6 mile options. Come along and get fit whilst raising much needed funds for charity. The afternoon will end with a family fun disco in our clubhouse....so round up your mates and log on to the comic relief website to join up! Volunteer marshalls are also needed, so if you can spare 2 or 3 hours please give us a call on 0114 2373216 or 2374130.

See you on the 25th!

Hi there

We are the Sheffield Transport Sports Club right on the roundabout at Meadowhead, where you see the football pitches. Kids can enter the event too, in fact you can actually enter as a family which works out cheaper in registration costs. If you have a quick look at the comic relief website it will give you all the details there, including the start times for the various distances. It's much easier to book on the website rather than trying to register on the day, you may save yourself quite a wait than if you pay on the day. Parking is relatively limited, so it may be best to park on the road if you are arriving by car? It should be a smashing day out for everyone, so let's all hope for sunshine on the day!

Hi Noel...the start times are 2.30pm for the 3 & 6 milers and 3pm for the one milers.....starting with those running rather than walking the course so the track doesn't get "clogged up!". At least the times are quite sociable aren't they? Youngsters are also welcome to take part, but anyone under 16 needs parental consent to ensure they are physically ok for the challenge. Please register beforehand on the website to prevent waiting in line on the actual day, it will make life easier for you. It should be a really good afternoon...especially if it's a warm day! Hope you can make it, if you need further info just let me know.

Hi and thanks, The 8 year old son and myself are going to have a run at either the mile or 3 miles - I'm doing a 10k race the day before, so a gentle trot will be the order of the day on the Sunday! The time is great as I work on a Sunday morning! :D

Noel

Archived