Do you get vertigo?

Vertigo simply means dizziness; the dizziness brought on by fear of heights can reasonably be called such, but - and in large part thanks to that Hitchcock film mentioned above! - some people do, inaccurately, believe that "vertigo" means "fear of heights."

Long-term cases of labyrinthitis can sometimes be treated with a pattern of exercises that help to "re-tune" your sense of balance; I know of two people for whom they were highly effective and one for whom they were useless. I'd recommend that Fibutton mention this to her doctor if she's never had it suggested to her as an option. Whether it is helpful for the OP depends on exactly what's causing her dizzy spells. (You could claim that you suffer from vertigo after drinking two bottles of gin, but I don't think anyone would have any sympathy! :hihi:)

I was watching Hitchcock's 1958 movie "Vertigo" only yesterday starring the lovely Kim Novak.

Wonder if she's still alive?

Kim Novak was a a great actor-he usually appeared in Westerns such as Liberty Vallium.I get him mixed up with Andy Stewart,and with Rick Hudson.

Archived