Abbeydale Grange School Gone !!

No.. he was bandy legged and thought he should have been England football manager, bit of a saddo really.. might have been the RE teacher ur on about can't remember his name, he was ok and helped the PE teachers ( I use that term loosely ) lol

there was mr dowdswell as well pe teacher but think he taught something else as well

Dowdswell told us off for walking across the football pitches to get to the pavilion,the next day he drove his car across them!Mr Jepson was interviewed on Radio Sheffield a few months by Andy Kershaw,an ex Abbeydale Grange pupil.No mention of bottoms!!

Does anyone remember the name of the geography teacher who always handed out some text books and then told us to do the exercises on certain pages. He then spent the rest of the lesson sat at his desk reading The Sporting Life? I often saw him making a bee-line for the bookies on Abbeydale Road opposite the bottom of Carter Knowle Road after school.

Anyone have Mr Ling for French ? .. Mr Egan History ? Buffer Brown Maths!!! Mrs Mcpherson English ? Mrs Rodgers English ? Mrs Andrews/ Mrs Vogue music? Mr Gilbert Art?

trying to remember others..

Mr Hewitt, Mr Longley, Mr Massey, Miss Glister, Mr Wharbuton, Mrs Sandrey Sewing..

Does anyone remember the name of the geography teacher who always handed out some text books and then told us to do the exercises on certain pages. He then spent the rest of the lesson sat at his desk reading The Sporting Life? I often saw him making a bee-line for the bookies on Abbeydale Road opposite the bottom of Carter Knowle Road after school.

OMG Mr Chatterton !!! too funny he always did his betting slips in lessons

Anyone have Mr Ling for French ? .. Mr Egan History ? Buffer Brown Maths!!! Mrs Mcpherson English ? Mrs Rodgers English ? Mrs Andrews/ Mrs Vogue music? Mr Gilbert Art?

trying to remember others..

Mr Hewitt, Mr Longley, Mr Massey, Miss Glister, Mr Wharbuton, Mrs Sandrey Sewing..

yep i had Mr Ling for French.. he was off for a while with singles and came back and had some sort of paralysis of the face.. Pat Rodgers went on to teach at Norfolk Park Special School she taught my son there before he passed away.. i had Mr Longley for history and the not so wonderful Mrs Mc Pherson.. also Miss Badger for history

Yes, I was in Mr Ling's French class, Mr Longley taught me history. I can't remember the name of my English Teacher, but I can picture his face very well. Miss Williams taught me Maths, (Which I DETESTED!) I still cannot do Long division to save my life!!!!

Ian Hague.. he was a PE teacher at grange he taught & he trained Seb Coe at Grange when he went there.

Mr Bates fancied himself, as well as Miss Thompson the cookery teacher ..lol!!

Mrs Manders the PE teacher .. very strange woman.:gag:

Thats the one Ian Hague, she remembers most of the teachers listed here

• 3 weeks later...

Archived