Help needed with car trouble

I am hoping someone out there can help me with a bit of car trouble please.I have a Toyota Avensis (y reg.)petrol.The last few days the engine has developed a wierd noise,a kind of high pitched whining-come -whistling sound,usually when the engine has warmed up a little and it seems to be getting louder by the day.I was wondering,has anyone out there had a similar problem.Any help would be very much appreciated.

Toyota Avensis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Toyota Avensis is a large family car built in Derbyshire, United Kingdom by Japanese ... and a 2.0-litre turbodiesel) and three body styles (saloon, hatchback and estate). ... A facelift in mid 2000 (which saw the engines fitted with variable valve ... Newer versions have dropped the "D-4D" and "2.0" badging from the front ...

The Toyota Avensis is a large family car built in Derbyshire, United Kingdom by Japanese ... and a 2.0-litre turbodiesel) and three body styles (saloon, hatchback and estate). ... A facelift in mid 2000 (which saw the engines fitted with variable valve ... Newer versions have dropped the "D-4D" and "2.0" badging from the front ...

Quite how this helps the OP I've no idea?

When this fails it can emit a sound like a failed turbo,but before you pay expensive labour charges look at the simple usual causes like loose belts or pulley noise caused by dry bearings,these can easily be cured with a can of belt dressing spray....good luck

Quite how this helps the OP I've no idea?

how this helps the discussion heaven knows

When this fails it can emit a sound like a failed turbo,but before you pay expensive labour charges look at the simple usual causes like loose belts or pulley noise caused by dry bearings,these can easily be cured with a can of belt dressing spray....good luck

[/size][/u]

how this helps the discussion heaven knows

Maybe you should have posted that then rather than a vague cut and paste from Wikipedia?

Archived