Are women smokers just more selfish

I know the smoking issue been done to death on here but having read about the preggy women outside jessops,the recent celebs heavily preg and caught smoking then crying on tv in remorse:rolleyes:then my own experiences of 30years working in houses 90% of them were single mothers with kids they smoked all over them and i used to come home stinking of cigs so who knows the damage done to those kids.

The icing on the cake (in a warped sense)was when i saw a young mom with a 2 year old and her mom(granny for those not following)strap the youngster in a car seat in the back to protect her presumably then they both lit a cig up each and jumped in that car,i was waiting for the window to go down surely at least that but they joined the exit queue and slowly drove off poisoning that poor kid even if they had aircon that kid did'nt stand a chance.

I know women who smoke and go away from their kids to do it that their kids don't even know they smoke but i,m talking about the selfish ones you are supposed to be maternal and protect your kids so what makes you so selfish?

I think that the title of the thread needs the word 'some' adding. SOME women smokers are selfish by exposing children (born and in utero) to the dangers of smoke, but then again I know enough men who do the same, albeit that they aren't carrying babies inside their bodies at the same time.

Coincidently, I was forced to watch Big Fat Gypsy Weddings last night and there was a bloke on there that kept spouting off about his kids meaning the world to him and he'd never do anything to harm them etc etc, then he put them in the car and drove off to take them home, speeding with a cigarette in hand and the windows up :rolleyes:.

My 5 yr old grandson's other nan is a smoker so is her husband. they dont think theres anything wrong with smoking.

My grandson's been in hospital twice with breathing problems, still now has to use a nebuliser sometimes.

They've both been caught smoking in the same room as him, and think nothing of it...:mad:

His dad, (my daughters ex) takes him to their house when he has him, he comes back reeking of tobacco, if i had control of him i would ban all of them from seeing him...

Trouble with that is he loves his dad to bits, i know what id do to his dad...:mad::mad:

I think that the title of the thread needs the word 'some' adding. SOME women smokers are selfish by exposing children (born and in utero) to the dangers of smoke, but then again I know enough men who do the same, albeit that they aren't carrying babies inside their bodies at the same time.

wasnt impling that all women smokers are selfish thats why i gave the examples of those who are'nt,i'm just seeking explainations from the selfish ones also i know that many men are but i,m talking about my experiences of last 30 years what i saw myself.

iI just believed that women were more maternal and protective towards their kids born or unborn but having had these experiences i'm thinking different and would like the "selfish" ones honest thoughts on this

also if you let me know how to edit the title i will gladly do it so as not to offend the responseable women smokers

Archived