How to beat your wife

And pray, where have I been insulting? I have never insulted Islam or you. I disagree with it which in my book is NOT synonymous with insulting. You're the one who bandies around strong words such as 'extremist' and 'militant'. You are the one who gets personal NOT ME, so take that back. Nor have I ever resorted to threats of violence unlike YOU.

ETA: and like 'infidel' is not perjorative?! Pot, kettle, black anyone?:roll:

Hi Suffragette. "Infidel" is, certainly an offensive epithet. Did you know in Islam it is considered wrong to call someone an infidel, as only God knows what is going on in the person's heart, and whether they are "Infidel".

Hi Suffragette. "Infidel" is, certainly an offensive epithet. Did you know in Islam it is considered wrong to call someone an infidel, as only God knows what is going on in the person's heart, and whether they are "Infidel".

Why then do so many muslims use the term to describe non-muslins?

Why then do so many muslims use the term to describe non-muslins?

Because not unlike many, if not all religions, the text is bastardised to suit an agenda.

I'm not ashamed to admit but when I hear the words Infidel and Heretic I always think Monty Python.

Quite so, PT, deeply offensive. And I am accused of being insulting and disrespectful which I take issue with. I have never referred to 'sky pixies' and the like or ridiculed anyone on here for their beliefs. If the default position for an atheist is to be extreme then surely by Mafya's reasoning, the same rule should apply to Muslims? He is guilty of the very same things that he accuses others of.

And you know this how? On top of that, what happens to them if god finds that they are 'infidel' and what is the definition of an infidel in the koran?

And you know this how? On top of that, what happens to them if god finds that they are 'infidel' and what is the definition of an infidel in the koran?

Still waiting for a response from PT. Doubt if I'll get one and if I do it'll be so obsfuscated as to be fairly meaningless.

Fundamentally I have a problem with anybody who can say something like this;

Did you know in Islam it is considered wrong to call someone an infidel, as only God knows what is going on in the person's heart, and whether they are "Infidel".

and can't see what's wrong with it.:roll:

Nobodys forcing you to convert to Islam are they? Just because you are an Infadel/atheist etc doesn't give you the right to be insulting about peoples beliefs.

You can dislike something without being disrespectfull but seems you and a couple of your fellow militant atheist's go out of your way to be disrespectfull.

I do not respect you or your beliefs. Why should I?

Still waiting for a response from PT. Doubt if I'll get one and if I do it'll be so obsfuscated as to be fairly meaningless.

Fundamentally I have a problem with anybody who can say something like this;

and can't see what's wrong with it.:roll:

you may well have been waiting for a response from me. even if only since half past eleven this morning. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sit on the computer all day as I had medical appointments, which meant I haven't got home till now...

Sadly I also have a meting this evening which means after my modding, I shan't be able to give you a proper reply till later on tonight.

Archived