How to beat your wife

Because not unlike many, if not all religions, the text is bastardised to suit an agenda.

Any text that can be bastardised or misinterpreted to such an extent should clearly not be taken seriously. It baffles me how people can base their whole ideology on books that any fool can make an interpretation of. What worries me however, is that we give their opinions so much weight and are labelled as racist or islamaphobe for questioning these many interpretations.

Oh, and incidentally, didn't there used to be a law in England, that a man could beat his wife with a stick, so long as it wasn't any thicker than his own thumb?

Yes.... and your point is?

Unless you're saying two wrongs make a right?

Hi Suffragette. "Infidel" is, certainly an offensive epithet. Did you know in Islam it is considered wrong to call someone an infidel, as only God knows what is going on in the person's heart, and whether they are "Infidel".

you may well have been waiting for a response from me. even if only since half past eleven this morning. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sit on the computer all day as I had medical appointments, which meant I haven't got home till now...

Sadly I also have a meting this evening which means after my modding, I shan't be able to give you a proper reply till later on tonight.

Would you therefore say Mafya is a bad muslim?

I don't mind waiting for an answer.

Oh, and incidentally, didn't there used to be a law in England, that a man could beat his wife with a stick, so long as it wasn't any thicker than his own thumb?

Ahh the old excuse our behaviour because someone, somewhere did it once before.

Someone murdered someone last year Plain Talker, does that now mean it's ok for me to murder you? (Not that I would, I'm an atheist and as such I believe we have one life and should value it.".

It's obsolete and I have never heard of anyone using it to justify violence against women. Thankfully, we have moved on and domestic violence is quite rightfully, a criminal offence.

Any text that can be bastardised or misinterpreted to such an extent should clearly not be taken seriously. It baffles me how people can base their whole ideology on books that any fool can make an interpretation of. What worries me however, is that we give their opinions so much weight and are labelled as racist or islamaphobe for questioning these many interpretations.

Hmmm, I see what you mean, I guess you just overstepped the mark a little the other day when you were saying you'd like to eradicate Islam and all Muslims.

Archived