Kellogg's have been misleading the public about sugar

The article is not just about the harm that Kellogg's highly sweetened products do.

It is also, and mainly, about the corruption of science by Kellogg's cash sponsoring and influencing conclusions made by scientific experts. The World Health Organisation and one of the United Nations agencies are implicated in the corruption - agencies we would normally expect to be free of such coflicts of interest. I do urge forummers to read the article and not just home in on sugar.

You could do better and actually read the source of the story, which is an adjudication by the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority):

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/3/Kellogg-Marketing-and-Sales-Company-%28UK%29-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_172001.aspx

Read it and you will see that Kellogs (who are villians) were cherry-picking quotes from old FAO Reports.

More recent FAO & WHO Reports paint a different story.

No Conspiracy ... Sorry!

Just poor, biased blogging by DrBiffa.

You could do better and actually read the source of the story, which is an adjudication by the ASA (Advertising Standards Authority):

http://www.asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2012/3/Kellogg-Marketing-and-Sales-Company-%28UK%29-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_172001.aspx

Read it and you will see that Kellogs (who are villians) were cherry-picking quotes from old FAO Reports.

More recent FAO & WHO Reports paint a different story.

No Conspiracy ... Sorry!

Just poor, biased blogging by DrBiffa.

Thanks, cgksheff. I'll try to read story sources in future.

Excess sugar leads to weight gain. Not only are a lot of cereals high in sugar, lots of low fat foods which are marketed as healthier alternatives, are actually higher in sugar that their regular counterparts.

Low fat is healthier on the cholesterol front; it doesn't have to be healthier on every front in order to be able to make that claim.

I've become sensitive to sugar in food recently and find it disgusting in anything savoury. So many prepared sauces and foods contain unnecessary sugar, just check the label.

I'm happy to eat sugar in its place and add it to my tea and coffee, but I wan't to choose when to eat it and not have it added by manufacturers.

Example - soy sauce. So many brands contain sugar, why?

Archived