Butlers Balti House

Lawtz

I'm going there tomorrow night for a birthday celebration and I was really looking forward to it, but now, not so much. :(

And what's wrong with the loos?

ETA: Went, ate, enjoyed. We had a set menu as there were so many of us, there was far too much of everything. No different from any other good quality curry place. Loos were fine except for being upstairs. Hate that, not good with steps. Otherwise, all good. :)

You really must try the Chaman sometime - the offal curries should tickle your fancy. There's brains, liver and kidney on the menu (not literally) and some other stuff I haven't quite worked out, possibly marrow bones.

I do need to try it! To be honest I tend to foget about it when thinking of going for a curry - it's down the Wicker yeah?

I've not been there for a couple of years, I will have to give it a try in the Summer when I've been for a few beers down the Kelham Island way.

7 Spices has always been a funny one, because they seem to change owners quite a bit and the quality of the food and the establishment seems to fluctuate.

When it first opened I believe Alvin Kalicharran (West Indian Cricketer) was part owner and the food was really good.

After a few years though the standards seem to slip and the place itself got a bit tired with tiles missing off the walls and food quality not so good. I stopped going and didn't try it again for a year or two, but when I did go back it was fantastic again......Then it started to slip.....and so the cycle has gone on ever since it opened about 20 years ago.

Regards

Doom

Shame - please someone give me the heads up when it does go enter bad times again!!

Don't bother!

Have you been to Mogul Rooms recently? I had some food a while back that was really nice, it actually tasted like they had just made it recently! Someone has since said it has been taken over and I did see a couple of bad reports so was slightly wary about going back?

No, I've never been. I share your love of Dhanista's though. Are you a fan of East & West too?

No, I've never been. I share your love of Dhanista's though. Are you a fan of East & West too?

Only been once, was not great the time I went but it might have been an off day as everyone raves about it.

Chamans do good Tandoori but I find the majority of their curry dishes the same as everywhere else in Sheffield, order any 3 and it's a challenge to tell them apart. Their Apna dishes are usually better.

Chamans do good Tandoori but I find the majority of their curry dishes the same as everywhere else in Sheffield, order any 3 and it's a challenge to tell them apart. Their Apna dishes are usually better.

Yes, they do seem to have a house-style for most dishes but the key thing for me is that they are not swimming in either sauce or ghee - particularly if you ask for the food to be served 'asian-style' (apna, I guess). Not too many places with maghaz on the menu either...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived