SuperScrimpers: Waste Not Want Not

Yes, lets all think of ways to make our lives even more desolate and pick through the scraps thrown to us, I wonder how many 'top tips' the MPs have to live by.

Hmm let me get in the mood,

I only drive the Bentley downhill, so it saves on fuel, I get the 'boy' to carry us on the uphill journeys.

Don't forget, I always claim for everything I can and some things I can't, and for more than what I've had, for a rainy day. And, I always try to get a job as an advisor on as many companies as possible, for a bit of extra spending money. And, when cutting everyone else's pension, I always make sure we have a ridiculously good deal still for ourselves.

too many kids being born with too many spoons in their mouths and amounting too much material possessions for so little work in return.

and yet you want to be able to claim a free cinema pass in another thread.......

Simple things

My mother made her own baby food when she had my sister and I, saved loads on pre-made and because she made it, she knew what was in it

Keep a rainwater butt to water your garden/plants/veg wit. You save on water (especially if youre metered) and its very green

Use vinegar and newspaper to clean your windows, at least internally. The news paper cuts down on streaking as well.

Baking Soda/Bi carbonate soda is a miracle cleaner. Use it with a bit of water and make a paste, and you have a clean safe toothpaste. Sprinkle it on your carpet, let it sit and it refreshes the room. Works in cat litter as well, as it help neutralizes the ammonia from cat urine.

Have an old tshirt that you dont want to part with and handy with a needle and thread? Cut out the front and the back of the shirt into 2 squares. Then sew 3 out of the four sides together. Then, take some stuffing (preferably from an old pillow) and fill the square till desired firmness. Now sew up the last side and there you go! A brand new and unique throw for your home!

Archived