SOYO - what's it like?

Jeanne

I've been in a few times and although they do try and get local music and artists performing, the atmosphere doesn't reflect this effort, it can feel hollow and dark.

The crowds, especially at weekend are on the chavy side, weeknights are packed with students and drink offers.

not much more to say.

Mondays at SOYO give a platform to a huge number of local bands and live artists who get to showcase their talent to a busy room of like minded people.

SOYO events throughout the week and weekend are very eclectic, obviously not ever bar is to to everyones taste but it is a professionally run and safe venue.

http://live.soyo.me/wp-content/gallery/tramlines-sunday/img_5751.jpg

http://live.soyo.me/wp-content/gallery/mon-7th-nov/mon-7th-nov-with-logo-106.jpg

It's like a large room which serves alcohol and plays music. I really can't tell the difference between this and the hundreds of other similar bars around the city centre

Classier? It's a polo-shirt chav haven
Have you actually been? I'm assuming you go regularly since you seem to know all about it

Have you actually been? I'm assuming you go regularly since you seem to know all about it

I've been twice, maybe 3 times. But only on the thursdays. Good drinks offers, and I enjoyed the music. Charts style music, there was the odd indie tune thrown in, mix of everything really.

Mondays are as explained, cheaper drinks and the stage is given to local talents and such, never been, but it looks good.

Saturdays it's a fairly standard bar, however the place seems to differ from that of like, West Street Live, Bedroom, Basement, Cav and Lava Lounge. There will be clientelle slightly chavvy in there, but I've found, when walking by the people going in are younger, some older, but most importantly, ones that I wouldn't mind mixing with. I'd say it's expensive Saturdays though (Isn't everywhere) The students that go in there seem to be the arrogant pretentious type, some don't even move if you say 'excuse me' which is why I don't go all the time. But I enjoy it, I'd give it a try.

Archived