Knowledge of Fostering

Hi, My mum & dad are foster carers. The process of becoming a carer is a fairly long process. You're looking at 6-9 months. You cant have any past violence/criminal history which is quite self expanatory. You are required to already have a spare bedroom. Any experience of kids is helpful be it through your own children or work.

The process is very thorough and involves talking about your entire life experience and your own childhood.

I'm sure my mum would be happy to have a chat with you about it and give you some pointers. Drop me a PM if you would like her number, Her particular agency hold open evenings to anyone who is interested, My mum helped out at the last one so if you felt a bit intimidated she might even go with you to one.

Anyhow good luck. Its an amazing job, foster carers are always needed and it can be very rewarding. XX

Archived