Cameron tries to do "a Blair" (and fails?)

If Iran were to have a nuclear capibilty there is zero chance that they would actually use it because they know full well that the US, UK and Israel would destroy them.

Having a nuclear cabability will elevate their stance in the region and, I suppose, in the world, that is all they seek.

If Iran were to have a nuclear capibilty there is zero chance that they would actually use it because they know full well that the US, UK and Israel would destroy them.

Having a nuclear cabability will elevate their stance in the region and, I suppose, in the world, that is all they seek.

Exactly right.

Nuclear weapons are defensive, not offensive. You have them to stop other countries attacking you. They are the best insurance policy money can buy. Iran wants to join the nuclear club so it will be left alone to carry on it's ludicrous religious and anti democratic behaviour behind closed doors.

If it even tries to bomb Isreal the US will wipe it off the face of the map as I stated earlier. The only question is whether Russia will then back up Iran and start world war three. It's possible with Putin in charge but even he's not mad enough is he?

You think so? Iran is backed by Russia and China

I just saw fit to change this odious signature:

Bit OT, but it seemed appropriate for balance.

Perhaps your grandfather was a soldier, who knows, or a dodger which you would probably be in time of war. If he lived in Sheffield in December 1940 he would probably have known some of the children who died at the hands of the Luftwaffe, and have not been upset about the thousands of innocents who died in Hamburg and Dresden. No soldier enjoys the deaths of non combatants, but has to accept the facts of warfare.

Archived