Bad experience with Tesco delivery

To be honest i work for a rival of tesco. If their rules are same as ours then the driver is not allowed to enter any flat complex and the website small print should tell you this. As soon as he does the employers insurance wont cover him. Also the drivers are not CRB checked. Drivers who worked for the company before the change in regs often do as they used to and help with your shopping. Newer drivers wont. However that aside it does not excuse bad manners.

Even if this is the case, surely he could have explained rather than being rude and seeing as the op had informed them of their location when ordering, they should have contacted them to let them know of the policy.

I've had home delivery before and went back to fetching it myself. With all the mistakes they seem to make, with any company not just Tesco's, it's less hassle to fetch it yourself!

To be honest i work for a rival of tesco. If their rules are same as ours then the driver is not allowed to enter any flat complex and the website small print should tell you this. As soon as he does the employers insurance wont cover him. Also the drivers are not CRB checked. Drivers who worked for the company before the change in regs often do as they used to and help with your shopping. Newer drivers wont. However that aside it does not excuse bad manners.

Tesco's own website says this:

The driver will bring the shopping to your door, where you will be asked to sign a delivery note. If you would like them to they will then take your shopping into the kitchen

The driver will bring the shopping to your door, where you will be asked to sign a delivery note. If you would like them to they will then take your shopping into the kitchen

Well then that needs to be taken up with tesco. As i say i work for a rival and we have a different process. Out of interest tho to the OP do you live at the student village?

I remember seeing a lot of tesco lorrys and van with the slogan "we delivery to your door (your cupboard door)" and a picture of a tesco driver actually packing someone's cupboard.

Obviously this was just an ad but the definition of "your door" should mean your property, not a communal door several floors below your property. What if you had lots of steps leading up to a house door? Would the driver meet you at the gate?

I had the same experience when I was living in a flat in the city centre, 3 flights of steps, drivers would constantly refuse to help me lift the shopping up the stairs, usually they opted to stand inside the door and wait while i made several trips.

The thing is, once you enter your address and enter a flat number, it should give you a pop up advising that the driver may not be able to deliver directly to flat/apartment door. Then the customer can cancel the order before going through all this frustration.

Communication is a KEY function of customer service. Something as simple as a small pop up, giving a customer warning, saves sooo much in terms of customer satisfaction

The thing is, once you enter your address and enter a flat number, it should give you a pop up advising that the driver may not be able to deliver directly to flat/apartment door. Then the customer can cancel the order before going through all this frustration.

Communication is a KEY function of customer service. Something as simple as a small pop up, giving a customer warning, saves sooo much in terms of customer satisfaction

I totally agree. I was just stating how it stands for the company i work for. Poor customer service is never acceptable. And if Tesco are not providing the service they claim to offer then this is not acceptable either.

I totally agree. I was just stating how it stands for the company i work for. Poor customer service is never acceptable. And if Tesco are not providing the service they claim to offer then this is not acceptable either.

Which in the end will be detrimental to themselves only.........karma

I have just had a really nasty experience with Tesco delivery. I live on the 2nd floor and said so very clearly on the delivery form. Yet the driver refused to bring my shopping up the stairs. (I have used Tesco before and never had any problem). After I rang head office the driver eventually brought the shopping up, damaging my wall on the way and being incredibly rude to me. Tesco have refunded the delivery charge, but have not replied to my complaint to them. Come on Tesco – this is NOT good customer service. Perhaps you will reply to me now I have raised this publicly on this forum?

How long ago did you complain?

Archived