Can anybody help to translate this? Possibly Chinese/Japanese

Yes, it says "Aldi Tinned Tomatoes, was 39p now only 29p, buy 4 get one free, pay for 10 get 4 at half price, or buy 20 get 6 free, subject to availabilty, one 2 tins per customer. "

Nay lad, thats double Dutch.

It's Japanese. It's a long time since I studied and the last character is hard to make out, but the first bit is pronounced "toki". The last character looks like it might be 'me'....?

If so then the word would be "tokime", pronounced toe-kee-mee. But I dunno what that means, or if it means anything. So I guess I wasn't much use!

I forwarded this to my son who lives in Japan and this is his reply....

That thing on the forum is Japanese. It says 'Tokiwa'. It's written in an alphabet called hiragana, which unlike Chinese characters (called kanji) don't have a meaning. They are purely phonetic…と (to), き (ki), わ (wa). It might be a place name?… Maybe the object was a souvenir from a place called Tokiwa?

It's Japanese. It's a long time since I studied and the last character is hard to make out, but the first bit is pronounced "toki". The last character looks like it might be 'me'....?

If so then the word would be "tokime", pronounced toe-kee-mee. But I dunno what that means, or if it means anything. So I guess I wasn't much use!

Don't tokime make petrol pumps..?

Archived