In 600 years time will Islam have matured like a fine Christianity?

The difference being that the history of Mohammed is accurate, and the history of Jesus is myth.

If memory serves correctly wasn't Mohammed murdered by poisoning by his own followers??? or is this a myth as well along with all the global terrorism active in the world today, the london tube bombing and 9/11 spring to mind. I could rattle on but I don't wish to bore and point out the obvious...:roll:

By my reckoning Islam hit "maturity" somewhere between the 8th and 13th centuries. At least back then the religion didn't get in the way of people being able to live like adults, and science and art could be explored freely.

An excellent observation.

Remember the Golden Age of Islam ? :)

If memory serves correctly wasn't Mohammed murdered by poisoning by his own followers??? or is this a myth as well along with all the global terrorism active in the world today, the london tube bombing and 9/11 spring to mind. I could rattle on but I don't wish to bore and point out the obvious...:roll:

Many say Israeli terrorists were involved in that.

Islam will be here in 600 years and so will other religions but all under one banner of faith and with one aim to believe in the only and only god

But saying that the world is comin to an end with all the probs we are facing now

How do you know this?

Are the polytheistic religions aware of this "one true god" ?

Religion should be outlawed IMO, it causes more problems than it fixes.. Even Jedi, look what the dark side of the Force did to that nice young Anakin Skywalker? :hihi:

An excellent observation.

Remember the Golden Age of Islam ?

Nope, nobody does, it was hundreds of years ago!

Without it, we wouldn't have come to the advances of today :)

Did you even read the second part of Quisquose's post?

I did (and it was just nonsense).

Without it, we wouldn't have come to the advances of today :)

Probably not so fast, no, but so what? That was centuries ago, if you disagree with Quisquose's point that since then things haven't gone quite so well then perhaps you could point to some positive contributions that Islamic societies have given to the world in the past 500 years or so?

Archived