Anyone know of August cabaret/burlesque

Laura2005

Hey guys,

Im currently attempting to organise my best friends hen night. Im on a low budget due to peoples income and the initial thought and conversations turned ot a burlesque evening. I have contacted 2 companies in sheffield who operate burlesque nights and unfortunately because I am wanting the event to happen in August im out of luck, they close down for the summer holiday period.

Can anyone think of anything similar or point me in the direction of reasonably priced cabaret/burlesque evening. She liked the idea of fancy dress in the burlesque outfits but not having to be in town with the masses, so wanting to avoid the regular bar crawl affair too.

Im considering travelling out of Sheffield if i can get a good deal on transportation.

PLEASE HELP!

Hey guys,

Im currently attempting to organise my best friends hen night. Im on a low budget due to peoples income and the initial thought and conversations turned ot a burlesque evening. I have contacted 2 companies in sheffield who operate burlesque nights and unfortunately because I am wanting the event to happen in August im out of luck, they close down for the summer holiday period.

Can anyone think of anything similar or point me in the direction of reasonably priced cabaret/burlesque evening. She liked the idea of fancy dress in the burlesque outfits but not having to be in town with the masses, so wanting to avoid the regular bar crawl affair too.

Im considering travelling out of Sheffield if i can get a good deal on transportation.

PLEASE HELP!

Well, Laura, you have come to the right place. I am a Drag Cabaret Artiste and LIVE singer, and can also do MAGIC (Mostly card tricks) and DJ-ing in any genre of music and am happy to do a solo cabaret show. I have a number of themed tributes or 'shows' to choose from, and can also do a 'pick and mix' of elements from them, such as Kate Bush, Amy Winehouse, Gloria Gaynor, etc.

Furthermore I also know a venue a short drive from the city centre with SECURE, FREE PARKING on the street outside, which is available for private hire between SUNDAYS AND THURSDAYS INCLUSIVE, with a full PA, DJ Decks and bar; they can also do a cold buffet by arrangement.

I also work with a couple of colleagues in the ROYAL VANITY Drag Troupe, whose details I can pass on if you want to book a group show. Their website is at http://www.royalvanity.co.uk, but appears to be down. Myself and my Royal Vanity Colleages are also happy to do shows at any suitable venue that you may arrange yourself, and we are covered by our Equity membership as regards Public Liability and Personal Accident Cover.

I will be glad to hear from you, even if you might want something different from drag, so I don't have to chase this thread up every few days!

Best of Luck!:love:

Archived