Computer games and kids..

It concerns me that the games are about death and destruction. I had this dialemma with my boy. All his mates were playing MW and COD and I let him. He's thirteen. The Xbox is in the living room so I can monitor when and what he is playing and who is online.

He has also been banned from 'violent' games for up to a month at a time after concerns about his behaviour at school. I am keen however to divert him towards more constructive activities. For some reason my suggestion earlier this evening of ballroom dancing classes was met with scorn and derision.

You could point out the usually very favourable male:female ratio at those classes...

That is what I am working on. I may need to wait a while before the hormones kick in. That is the sort of advice I would like to have been given at his age. I didn't get to meet many females when I went boxing at his age.

I personally think it is wrong

i totally agree with you charlie!

the argument is.....that it is just art, imitating life

but i strongly feel that life imitates this art also

....and what we are filling the heads of youngsters with today

is truly horrifying :shakes:

Archived