MP Eric Joyce arrested for brawling in House of Commons.

Joyce really is a class act even by Labour's dismal standards of conduct. He shouted "There's too many ******* Tories in here" and then nutted two of them and threw punches at his own people who tried to restrain him. He broke a glass pane as he was dragged away kicking and screaming "You can't touch me I'm an MP". An intersting insight into what a former union leader thinks of the law.

Joyce has form for fighting and drink driving but still gets elected. Says it all really.

Good on him

So, you admire somebody who assaults other people as long as the victims are people who you hate?

How is this any different to a member of the EDL who admires a racist thug who assaults a group of muslims.

He hasn't been in the army for 14 years. On Radio 4 this morning there was a news item that the proportion of ex-soldiers with convictions for violence was a lot higher than for everyone else. The next item was about Joyce being arrested for attacking a copper.

Post traumatic stress can be exhibited in a person many years after the cause.

Post traumatic stress can be exhibited in a person many years after the cause.

If he is suffering from PTS then I wonder why he has been drawing a MP's salary and even acting as a government spokesman at times while admitting he's unfit to work and an alcoholic because of it. Maybe he was drawn to being a MP by the subsidised bars in the Commons.

---------- Post added 16-03-2013 at 08:20 ----------

He's not a little Labour thug ... but don't let that get in a way of your tantrum

You were defending him after his first arrest in the Commons last year because he was Labour. Now he's been kicked out of Labour you've gone quiet about supporting him. He also attacked a Labour MP last year by the way.

• 2 months later...

Archived