Bankers' bonus' - do normal workers get anything ?

Why the continual lies? Barclays borrowed £8.2bn and HSBC £5.6 bn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17237639

So what happened to the loans you claimed they took from the EEC? You really need to get your facts right.

The ECB made soft loans to virtually every European bank so that they had money to lend. It doesn't alter the fact that both these banks made massive profits and not as you LIED..

"Its worth reminding everybody, that these banks are insolvent, and the taxpayer is keeping them alive and thus paying these bonuses".

So what happened to the loans you claimed they took from the EEC? You really need to get your facts right.

The ECB made soft loans to virtually every European bank so that they had money to lend. It doesn't alter the fact that both these banks made massive profits and not as you LIED..

"Its worth reminding everybody, that these banks are insolvent, and the taxpayer is keeping them alive and thus paying these bonuses".

Liquidity......thats what the banks are saying they need assistance with. Liquidity.

Think about it. What is Liquidity?

Its giving them extra monies as they dont have enough already. They cant cover the continual deposits being removed from their banks.

Keep kicking those cans down the road. Eventually you run out of tarmac.

The tax-payer is seeing through the propaganda now.

Great piece here on Golem about the banks assets and liabilities. Have a read, and then tell me what propaganda you can come back with then. ;)

http://www.golemxiv.co.uk/2012/03/propaganda-wars-our-version-balance-sheet-instabilities/

Even if they did - so what?

Lots of businesses making a profit still take out loans. Even more so when the interest rates are so low - that's the best time to do it. I would take advantage of that too.

Just becuase someone takes out a credit card doesn't automatically mean they are in financial difficulty. If they are offering a 0% or low interest offer or whatever it makes sense to take advantage of it. Its exactly the same with those banks.

You cant take advantage of it. Your not a bank.

But its your money though.

Whose laughing at who here?

apart from the fact that over a thousand of the top earners at royal bank of scotland have quit over the issue and moved to better paid positions in other banks. This includes a mass walk out of more than a third of the staff on one day at one of rbs's investment banks.

I'm sure that there are many who would say good riddance, but as an investment bank is worth very little without its key staff it probably explains why our rbs shares are currently worth half of what gordon brown paid for them on our behalf.

Jobs available at RBS.

Apply today!

Jobs available at RBS.

Apply today!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17128477

RBS doubles annual loss in 2011, fourth since bailout

The Royal Bank of Scotland has reported its fourth year of losses since the bank's bailout in 2008.

The bank posted an attributable loss of £2bn in 2011, up from a loss of £1.1bn in 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/hsbc-profits-rise-15-to-138-billion-7441452.html

HSBC profits rise 15% to £13.8 billion

Pay peanuts and employ monkeys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17128477

RBS doubles annual loss in 2011, fourth since bailout

The Royal Bank of Scotland has reported its fourth year of losses since the bank's bailout in 2008.

The bank posted an attributable loss of £2bn in 2011, up from a loss of £1.1bn in 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/hsbc-profits-rise-15-to-138-billion-7441452.html

HSBC profits rise 15% to £13.8 billion

Pay peanuts and employ monkeys.

Is that the only factor that the losses at RBS are blamed on?

Nevertheless it's a credit to the dedication of the majority of auxiliaries and healthcare assistants that I've worked with who don't use poverty pay as an excuse to behave unprofessionally in their jobs. I'm sure that the same could be said of a lot of cleaners, catering staff and others on the minimum wage.

Is that the only factor that the losses at RBS are blamed on?

Nevertheless it's a credit to the dedication of the majority of auxiliaries and healthcare assistants that I've worked with who don't use poverty pay as an excuse to behave unprofessionally in their jobs. I'm sure that the same could be said of a lot of cleaners, catering staff and others on the minimum wage.

I'm not trying to condone the pay of top bankers any more than I would condone the pay of Wayne Rooney, but if Rooney and the others left Manchester United and were replaced by a load of £300/week 4th division players no one would be too surprised that their performance suffered.

Banks like HSBC made bigger losses than RBS and saw HSBC saw its share price fall by around 20% in on day. However in the last 3 years the bank has recovered. Its share price has doubled and the bank not only returned to profit but massively so.

RBS on the other hand has been hamstrung by government interference and an inability to retain its staff. The share price has halved in the last 3 years and it is still running at a massive loss.

The point is that we own most of the stock in RBS and it is becoming increasingly likely that we will never get a return on our investment.

Archived