What are the two really bright stars tonight

Will check this out tomorrow :)

I knew someone one here would know!

There's so much cool stuff to see this month... Saturn is also visible, and a rare look at mercury... Which you can see as the sun sets. Draw an invisible line between Jupiter and Venus and Mercury will be glittering just above the skyline.

I don't know if it was due to optimal positioning in space or atmospheric conditions, but Venus tonight was as bright as I have ever known. And of course, Jupiter being just next to it, and also being brighter than any star in the sky, makes for incredible viewing.

whens best to view saturn?

Between 8 and 9:00pm. It can be tricky to see but using the moon as a guide you'll see two bright "stars" to the top left. One is Spica, the other to it's lower left, is Saturn.

Really visible tomorrow at about 8:30.

Wow, what a cool app, just been using it in the garden and i noticed things i hadn't noticed before, cheers...:thumbsup:

you can see saturn now to the top left of the moon. hard to make the rings out tho with the binoculars :(

beautiful nights lately

Archived