Austerity cutbacks

I was just wondering with all the cutbacks, pension freeze, pay freeze, job losses etc, if anyone knows of any good news stories where politicians, councillors or other highly paid public service workers have taken a pay cut, job loss or pay freeze.

And I am not talking about MPs freezing their wage at £67,000 per year, cos if I was earning that much I would willingly take a pay freeze for a year!!

I was just wondering with all the cutbacks, pension freeze, pay freeze, job losses etc, if anyone knows of any good news stories where politicians, councillors or other highly paid public service workers have taken a pay cut, job loss or pay freeze.

And I am not talking about MPs freezing their wage at £67,000 per year, cos if I was earning that much I would willingly take a pay freeze for a year!!

well, the good news is that 70 plus CEOS of major banking institutions have resigned across the world in february :nod:

whilst some are attributing this to global awareness following OCCUPY Wallstreet

the bad news might be....that they're leaving because the banking institution as a whole is going to fold :shocked:

It is important that these people have increased my pension by about 7 1/2 % this year inspite of the lack of economic growth. Shoiuld I complain, no.

I put money into the bank rarher to buy things, it seem I did the right thing..

It should be Elliott Ness who should be prime minister, because the mp's are certainly UNTOUCHABLE, P.S, the expenses scandle swept under the big carpet, oh and i hope prince harry is enjoying holiday is holiday, I see someone spilt a drink on him, I would have chucked it on him, millions paid by the tax payer to look after this lot, , these lot are taking the p*** out of this country, while the country is in bits

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

It should be Elliott Ness who should be prime minister, because the mp's are certainly UNTOUCHABLE, P.S, the expenses scandle swept under the big carpet, oh and i hope prince harry is enjoying holiday is holiday, I see someone spilt a drink on him, I would have chucked it on him, millions paid by the tax payer to look after this lot, , these lot are taking the p*** out of this country, while the country is in bits

You are jelous because you don't earn as much as them .

What job don't you have that makes you envious ?.:huh:

We are all in this together.

I have had to sack 12 members of staff, and hand a pay freeze to the admin workers. The admin workers did agree to this, as the other option was to be sacked, so its great that workers are willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the service.

I have seen the expenses allowed for travelling been cut back, and so instead of getting 75p a mile travelling fees, I now only get 35p a mile. This means when I drive to London for a coffee at my favourite Starbucks restaurant it now costs even more.

We are all suffering

I have had to sack 12 members of staff, and hand a pay freeze to the admin workers. The admin workers did agree to this, as the other option was to be sacked, so its great that workers are willing to be flexible to meet the needs of the service.

I have seen the expenses allowed for travelling been cut back, and so instead of getting 75p a mile travelling fees, I now only get 35p a mile. This means when I drive to London for a coffee at my favourite Starbucks restaurant it now costs even more.

We are all suffering

Why didn't you sack yourself ( made redundant with a good handout ) and keep all the workers working.

We are all suffering

You are the pioneering spirit this country needs and my guess is that you would row down the Thames running over David Walliams on the way if need be. Thats the mark of a great boss.

Dont dip on the Starbucks, its what keeps the spirits up in these difficult times and if the remaining staff were aware of your dillemma Im sure they would chip in by losing a days holiday. In my day we never ad nowt but wiwerappy

Archived