Austerity cutbacks

We are all in this together and we should all do our bit.

However, my bit should not go any further than watching the news (or reading the paper) about people losing their homes, commiting suicide and people who are so poor they cannot put the heating on in their homes. I like to read and listen to storys about people who are so poor they are struggling to be able to afford to put the petrol in the car to get to work.

Thats my bit, I am in this in the sense - I find entertainment in listening to other peoples woes, and my woes extend to my traveling expenses being cut to 35p a mile, and having to have a starbucks on Eccelsall Road, rather than going to LOndon on a fact finding mission and having a starbucks in London during my break.

We went to Majorca for a conference about how we could reduce our carbon emissions, and we thought it would be a good idea to make the staff pay a carbon tax of £20 a week, which we could then use to fly around the world to have meetings about "reducing our carbon emissions"

We are all in this together, we have to knuckle down and find a solution. More fact finding missions needed.

You are the pioneering spirit this country needs and my guess is that you would row down the Thames running over David Walliams on the way if need be. Thats the mark of a great boss.

Dont dip on the Starbucks, its what keeps the spirits up in these difficult times and if the remaining staff were aware of your dillemma Im sure they would chip in by losing a days holiday. In my day we never ad nowt but wiwerappy

Not in a row boat, but in a yaught

This is clearly an answer that you didn't want to hear.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/7719739/Coalition-Government-David-Cameron-announces-pay-cut-for-ministers.html

Coalition Government: David Cameron announces pay cut for ministers

David Cameron has announced that all ministers in his coalition Government have agreed to a five per cent pay cut and a further pay freeze for the rest of this Parliament.

We are all in this together and we should all do our bit.

However, my bit should not go any further than watching the news (or reading the paper) about people losing their homes, commiting suicide and people who are so poor they cannot put the heating on in their homes. I like to read and listen to storys about people who are so poor they are struggling to be able to afford to put the petrol in the car to get to work.

Thats my bit, I am in this in the sense - I find entertainment in listening to other peoples woes, and my woes extend to my traveling expenses being cut to 35p a mile, and having to have a starbucks on Eccelsall Road, rather than going to LOndon on a fact finding mission and having a starbucks in London during my break.

We went to Majorca for a conference about how we could reduce our carbon emissions, and we thought it would be a good idea to make the staff pay a carbon tax of £20 a week, which we could then use to fly around the world to have meetings about "reducing our carbon emissions"

We are all in this together, we have to knuckle down and find a solution. More fact finding missions needed.

Well said - our humble thanks for taking the time to read, ponder and consider.

Its humbling to know that others make the sacrifices or gratifying to impose those sacrifices upon them in the knowledge that its in the interests of the bigger picture.

The artificial limb trade is on the up and seems to be putting 2 fingers up to the doom merchants (depending whether the surviving limbs contain fingers of course) People seem to have such short memories of the glorious victory and the toppling of the statue of Saddam - sure we have our problems but this proves we are still a great nation. As long as we are shoulder to shoulder with America we can take on the world.

Thanks for doing your bit but dont over indulge, stress causes heart problems - heart probs drain on the NHS so try to remain the upbeat inspiration that you clearly are.

The greeks could do with a leg up so do try and take on an economy boosting kebab or two in your quest for carbon emmissions reductions but also rember that its the cows farting that is the sole cause of global warming and thats a fact.

Archived