Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

They've got civil partnerships.

Gay marriage makes a mockery of the word marriage.

Then they expect to be able to 'marry' in a place of worship (which to believers means in the eyes of God) which is akin to defacating on the Bible as it clearly states such practices (same sex fornication) is an abomination.

Still, expect a queue of enquiries to the Court of Human Rights if they don't get their way.

Let's trash it all.

They've got civil partnerships.

Gay marriage makes a mockery of the word marriage.

Then they expect to be able to 'marry' in a place of worship (which to believers means in the eyes of God) which is akin to defacating on the Bible as it clearly states such practices (same sex fornication) is an abomination.

Still, expect a queue of enquiries to the Court of Human Rights if they don't get their way.

Let's trash it all.

How does it do that Ousetunes?

Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry and share the same rights under the law as straight people?

I refer to the opening paragraph: they've got civil partnerships.

And yes, the Church (of all denominations) should think very hard before offering advice to all of us and ought to get its own house in order first.

For the record and for clarity, I don't believe in 'gay marriage'. That's my choice and I am entitled to it.

Have your partnerships, swap your rings and enjoy the first dance at your disco. No need to put the Do Not Disturb sign on your hotel room door.

I refer to the opening paragraph: they've got civil partnerships.

And yes, the Church (of all denominations) should think very hard before offering advice to all of us and ought to get its own house in order first.

For the record and for clarity, I don't believe in 'gay marriage'. That's my choice and I am entitled to it.

Have your partnerships, swap your rings and enjoy the first dance at your disco. No need to put the Do Not Disturb sign on your hotel room door.

You do see that not believing in something isn't the same as having an argument against it?

Sometimes I wonder whether the Catholic Church appoints these people deliberately to scupper the arguments of those who maintain that Islam is the most reactionary religion in the world.

:rolleyes:

Wondered how long it would take someone to mention islam.

Having said that, all religions are pretty much the same (backward, stupid, made up fairy stories made to keep stupid people in line) and none of them have any place in a civilised society.

Gay, straight, who gives a damn?

Oh, thats right, "god",,, apparently:|