Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

If marriage is so great, then why aren't Catholic priests allowed to do it?

Why do Catholics worship chastity and preach to other people who they can and cannot marry?

I think it was Pope Gregory back in those days, he was the one who brought it in.

Monestaries and Convents were hotbeds of vice.

Hence the line from Othello, I think it was, 'Get thee to a Nunnery', he was telling her she was a tart.

I have nothing against gay marriage,my sister is gay and has a partner,the church always seem to have a staunch view on this..No matter how much the church protests it will eventually happen with or without their approval.

In that case my opinion of the issue went from "meh" to "what the hell is the issue".

From the Church's point of view, the issue is that the Church (or more accurately, Jehovah) owns the very concept of marriage and the state has no right to tinker with it.

From everyone else's point of view, there is no issue and the Church can think what it likes. It's irrelevant.

You posted that after nearly 4 pages of debate, so yes.

I meant does anyone care what they get up to, in private.

Do you, or does any one care what normal people get up to?

Sexuality should be a private thing, and not shoved in everyones face.

Sexuality should be a private thing, and not shoved in everyones face.

I'm not sure how that relates to this thread - unless, that is, you are arguing that nobody should be allowed to be married, because introducing their wife/husband/partner is an explicit announcement of their sexual preference?

I'm not sure how that relates to this thread - unless, that is, you are arguing that nobody should be allowed to be married, because introducing their wife/husband/partner is an explicit announcement of their sexual preference?

When in the course of your day does your sexuality ever be enquired about?

It might do among young lads, but grown men never discuss it.

We may make the occasional comment, but full blown discussions about these things never occur.