Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Those who do not want to ackowledge the reasons against homosexual marriage ignore the reasons and keep repeating their opinions why it should be allowed.

The only 'reason' you've put forward thus far is

'marriage isn't for homosexual relationships, it's only for straight ones'

That's not a reason, or an argument, that's a conclusion.

When asked 'why?' you just repeat yourself. You haven't actually given a single reason, let alone multiple reasons, or a coherent argument.

The only 'reason' you've put forward thus far is

'marriage isn't for homosexual relationships, it's only for straight ones'

That's not a reason, or an argument, that's a conclusion.

When asked 'why?' you just repeat yourself. You haven't actually given a single reason, let alone multiple reasons, or a coherent argument.

Quite a fair assesment.

are there religious objections to old people marrying on the grounds that she's not prodced an egg in 30 years and he fires blanks if his kalashnikov goes off at all?

perhaps a religious person can enlighten us.

As I understand it, in the Catholic church, it certainly used to be the case that if one of the couple were "sterile", then the marriage could not go ahead/ could be annulled, as it was considered that the marriage was not being carried out for the purpose" of marriage, which is the procreation of children.

She has a point considering the homophobes don't understand the meaning of the word..discrimination.

Another name calling atheist, the trend is complete already along with childish remarks about Christians like spaghetti monsters and even more stupid stuff.

What they won't do is engage on a subject they have never given any time too.

It is the most valid document the world has ever looked upon. Part history part songs part teaching part law part wisdom part revelation part prophetic part love story written by many authors over many years. The detail of The Acts is astounding, just spent 15 months study that one book

I know who are the chumps are on here

A little suggested reading for so called science lovers

The great partnership by Jonathan sacks. Because as scientists go Dawkins is a lightweight

Who moved the stone written. By a atheists who tried to prove Jesus never rose from the grave. There some challenges. That will go begging

God Bless everyone on Sheffield.forum

Well atheism describes what somebody is not, not what they are. It's pretty difficult to be critical of that. How do you begin to be critical of what people think unless people actually state what they do think? :huh:

As for insulting, well I hope you don't think I have been. All I am doing is saying what I think, and I am saying it bluntly and honestly. I hope to receive the same in return, to be treated in an adult manner. Ultimately I hope to be convinced that I am wrong.

Reducing this to "point scoring", oh come on now.

People are people, some are nice (I am) and some are not, and there is no correlation with theism or atheism, I am sure of that. But you used the term 'militant atheist' which I think is disingenuous, so ask for examples of what you actually mean by this.

I want to change my mind on things, and that's why I'm here. Do you want to change your mind, or are you simply confusing "insult" with "hearing things you don't want to hear"?

I might disagree about the "I am nice" part. (just kidding)

No i don't want to change my mind on things, the problem is i often do.

I can hear a bit better this morning,its quieter not as much background noise.

Another name calling atheist

You realise that describing someone as a homophobe isn't name calling, it's a description. And if the cap fits....

the trend is complete already along with childish remarks about Christians like spaghetti monsters and even more stupid stuff.

I assume you characterise it as 'stupid stuff' since you can't actually rebut it in any logical way?

What they won't do is engage on a subject they have never given any time too.

The subject under discussion here is gay marriage, not your fairy tales.

It is the most valid document the world has ever looked upon. Part history part songs part teaching part law part wisdom part revelation part prophetic part love story written by many authors over many years. The detail of The Acts is astounding, just spent 15 months study that one book

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I don't see why you would expect anyone else to share it, I think it's one of the most popular works of fiction ever, but I'm not interested in studying it.

I know who are the chumps are on here

A little suggested reading for so called science lovers

The great partnership by Jonathan sacks. Because as scientists go Dawkins is a lightweight

Who moved the stone written. By a atheists who tried to prove Jesus never rose from the grave. There some challenges. That will go begging

God Bless everyone on Sheffield.forum

I expect it will go begging, I personally don't feel any need to respond to your challenge to read something that I have no interest in. I have better things to do with my time.

You seem rather offended that people don't agree with you about how important your fairy tales are, and equally offended that people who want to discriminate against gay couples are labelled homophobes, why is that?

Archived