Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Well if some of them want to drive people away,they are going the right way about it.Then they can just debate with each other.All atheists getting on very nicely just like they always do?

So you'll refuse to debate with people if they refuse to accept what you're saying? I haven't seen anyone attack another poster during this topic.

The most 'personal' it's got is to describe the situation as discriminatory and the support of that discrimination as potentially homophobic. If it isn't either of those then the point should be easy to refute.

Right on cue.

If you're going to get offended that people don't share your faith and so consider your holy book to be just fiction then you've got a very skin thin and are in for a bit of shock. You're in a minority in the world, the majority of people don't share your opinion about your religion or book.

Of course.

I think I won the debate although many opposed me.

You just refused to read the definition of discrimination, declared that it wasn't and then went around in little logical circles with your tautology. You can consider that a 'win' if you like, but you've proven that there is no good argument against gay marriage.

I might disagree about the "I am nice" part. (just kidding)

No i don't want to change my mind on things, the problem is i often do.

I can hear a bit better this morning,its quieter not as much background noise.

I've changed my mind on plenty of things, which I personally believe to be healthy. There are several ways to achieve this, through personal experience and through engaging in rigorous debate. This, however, is one issue that I will not change my mind on.

I've changed my mind on plenty of things, which I personally believe to be healthy. There are several ways to achieve this, through personal experience and through engaging in rigorous debate. This, however, is one issue that I will not change my mind on.

An issue that i will not change my mind on either.

An issue that i will not change my mind on either.

I don't think I actually saw you state an opinion? Maybe it was just many pages ago.

I checked back, the closest you came to expressing an opinion was that if a church was involved (not what this topic was about) then whether they marry a gay couple or not should be up to the church (an opinion that I think all the pro gay marriage proponents would agree with).

But what is your opinion on the actual subject in question, should gay marriage be allowed?

Another name calling atheist, the trend is complete already along with childish remarks about Christians like spaghetti monsters and even more stupid stuff.

What they won't do is engage on a subject they have never given any time too.

It is the most valid document the world has ever looked upon. Part history part songs part teaching part law part wisdom part revelation part prophetic part love story written by many authors over many years. The detail of The Acts is astounding, just spent 15 months study that one book

I know who are the chumps are on here

A little suggested reading for so called science lovers

The great partnership by Jonathan sacks. Because as scientists go Dawkins is a lightweight

Who moved the stone written. By a atheists who tried to prove Jesus never rose from the grave. There some challenges. That will go begging

God Bless everyone on Sheffield.forum

You seem to have a chip on your shoulder, rabid Christians who adhere to the doctrines of the 'good book' are not synonymous with homophobia. Homophobia comes in many forms, you don't need to have studied a book to come to that conclusion, in fact you don't even need to have a theory on the existence of the spaghetti monster let alone bask in his noodleness.

As for "challenges" name one author who's proved what an atheist hasn't.

Another name calling atheist,

Quite ironic that your post there came just after that stream of posts (now removed) throwing insults at atheists and advocates for gay marriage, and your previous post was made in the middle of them, so you saw them I'm sure.

Matthew 7:5?

I don't think I actually saw you state an opinion? Maybe it was just many pages ago.

I checked back, the closest you came to expressing an opinion was that if a church was involved (not what this topic was about) then whether they marry a gay couple or not should be up to the church (an opinion that I think all the pro gay marriage proponents would agree with).

But what is your opinion on the actual subject in question, should gay marriage be allowed?

Then i will elaborate.I don't believe in gay marriage in a church.Only in a civil ceremony.

Archived