Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Then i will elaborate.I don't believe in gay marriage in a church.Only in a civil ceremony.

I presume you mean your church, or a Church that doesn't want to, in which case I am sure the vast majority of advocates for gay marriage will agree with that position.

However, what if the Church actually wants to perform gay marriages, do you think it is okay then?

The only 'reason' you've put forward thus far is

'marriage isn't for homosexual relationships, it's only for straight ones'

That's not a reason, or an argument, that's a conclusion.

When asked 'why?' you just repeat yourself. You haven't actually given a single reason, let alone multiple reasons, or a coherent argument.

What a silly post when I have outlined the reasons many times and you have omitted them from your biased viewpoint.

I presume you mean your Church, or a Church that doesn't want to, in which case I am sure the vast majority of advocates for gay marriage will agree with that position.

However, what if the Church actually wants to perform gay marriages, do you think it is okay then?

No i don't. I think there should be a seperate ceremony,like a blessing of their relationship,but not a marriage.

As I understand it, in the Catholic church, it certainly used to be the case that if one of the couple were "sterile", then the marriage could not go ahead/ could be annulled, as it was considered that the marriage was not being carried out for the purpose" of marriage, which is the procreation of children.

This is probably in line with a reason for divorce being no intercourse taking place between the married couple.( The actual phrase eludes me )

Archived