Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

harvey19 seems to be applying the same logic as an Islamic state would in denying a woman from taking part in sports.

Women are not as physically strong as men, they are different in this respect, so they should not take part in any sports.

What has this got to do with a man and woman being able to indulge in sexual intercourse that can produce new life that an homosexual couple cannot

You have repeatedly tried to claim that various innate differences are justification for treating people differently. The very definition of discrimination.

In this thread about gay marriage you have at various points used sexuality, and then gender, and now how people indulge in sexual intercourse, to justify your reasoning why we should treat same sex couples differently.

The reasoning employed is no different to the reasoning employed for discriminating against women taking part in sports, which did happen here not so long ago, and still does in some theocratic states.

Anyway, if you don't like same sex marriage so much, then try changing position every now and then. :hihi:

You have repeatedly tried to claim that various innate differences are justification for treating people differently. The very definition of discrimination.

In this thread about gay marriage you have a various points used sexuality, and then gender, and now how people indulge in sexual intercourse, to justify your reasoning why we should treat same sex couples differently.

The reasoning employed is no different to the reasoning employed for discriminating against women taking part in sports, which did happen here not so long ago, and still does in some theocratic states.

Anyway, if you don't like same sex marriage so much, then try changing position every now and then. :hihi:

As stated many times I am all for same sex couples entering into a legal and binding relationship equal to that of opposite sex couples.

But for obvious reasons that union is different because of the gender of the participants and future possibilities and so should be called something different.

I think many posters are reading into this something which is not intended.

As stated many times I am all for same sex couples entering into a legal and binding relationship equal to that of opposite sex couples.

But for obvious reasons that union is different because of the gender of the participants and future possibilities and so should be called something different.

I think many posters are reading into this something which is not intended.

It isn't different at all, you just want it to be so.

No, not a single valid argument to justify different treatment.

Picture your neice when you read your post.

I think I have explained myself clearly and forwarded reasonable arguments to support my views.

Whilst many opponents ignore reasoning and facts and repeat their own opinions, which they are completely entitled to, they have not managed to put forward a good cause for change.

Therefore I will now withdraw from this debate.

May all those who enter into a union of whatever type have happy and long lives together.

( I think same sex marriage will be introduced, the government is just trying to find the best way to implement it )

I'm sorry but your argument that the difference justifies discrimination is invalid. It would always be invalid as that's pretty much the definition of discrimination.

The argument for change is clear, the system at the moment discriminates, it should not, all couples should be entitled to enter into the same legal union which is called marriage.

Archived