Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Do you seriously wish the poster to do this? That would require quoting references from the bible.

What would be the point of referring to a collection of books to people who don't believe any of it,or wish to hear.

It would just just a waste of time for the poster.

Not necessarily, the bible nor any other religious book has the monopoly on morality. The poster making the statement that gay marraige is morally wrong might have a different ethical objection - though I doubt it.

Do you seriously wish the poster to do this? That would require quoting references from the bible.

What would be the point of referring to a collection of books to people who don't believe any of it,or wish to hear.

There are lots of passages that exist in the bible that for one reason or another people are happy to ignore interpret loosely, I'm interested as to why people who follow the Bible insist that this issue is to be taken literally.

Not necessarily, the bible nor any other religious book has the monopoly on morality. The poster making the statement that gay marraige is morally wrong might have a different ethical objection - though I doubt it.

The poster has referred in brief to the bible, in previous posts. So i assume that is is their basis for reaching that conclusion.

There are lots of passages that exist in the bible that for one reason or another people are happy to ignore interpret loosely, I'm interested as to why people who follow the Bible insist that this issue is to be taken literally.

Yes and actually,so am i, because as i have stated before i am sometimes at odds myself with other believers,because i don't take it all literally.

Which means in a sense i am letting other believers down,and i know they don't always like that i can quite understand why.

The thing tho, if you were going to quote the bible, I'd wager, you'd do it out of context, and from a Christian view point not even quote Jesus in the bible.

Am I right?

The thing tho, if you were going to quote the bible, I'd wager, you'd do it out of context, and from a Christian view point not even quote Jesus in the bible.

Am I right?

If i were asked to quote from the bible i would only quote Jesus,because frankly thats the part i really care about.Though that doesn't mean i dismiss every other part of the new testament.

If i were asked to quote from the bible i would only quote Jesus,because frankly thats the part i really care about.Though that doesn't mean i dismiss every other part of the new testament.

Well then you are going to find it pretty difficult trying to find Jesus saying it's morally wrong. Mainly because he doesn't.

Well then you are going to find it pretty difficult trying to find Jesus saying it's morally wrong. Mainly because he doesn't.

He does not say it is morally wrong or right because he didn't discuss it! He was more interested in morals of a different nature,such as how to treat others etc.

Archived