Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

He does not say it is morally wrong or right because he didn't discuss it! He was more interested in morals of a different nature,such as how to treat others etc.

I think Jesus approved of treating others as you would like to be treated yourself - which doesn't entirely sit well with not allowing gay people to get married like straight people.

I think Jesus approved of treating others as you would like to be treated yourself - which doesn't entirely sit well with not allowing gay people to get married like straight people.

There lies the dilemma.Thats why there is division in the church,and considering that i don't believe gay people wish to marry in the church.I can't see the necessity for change.

I believe you are familier with the bible,so you would know.

I know what verses some people use to try and justify their homophobia, but I don't want to assume things I do not know, I'd like to know what he thinks himself, so I can tell him why he is silly.

I know what verses some people use to try and justify their homophobia, but I don't want to assume things I do not know, I'd like to know what he thinks himself, so I can tell him why he is silly.

Oh i bet you can't wait to tell him that.:hihi:

Tbh I don't actually expect a response, I've gotten used to being ignored by religious people when the debate goes down a road they're not comfortable with, there's always hope though.

Yes but if you don't believe the bible was authentic then how can it really be discussed. For instance the writings of Paul whose words are often quoted by christians.Do you think he existed? If people don't believe that is an historical fact.Then there can't really be anything much to say about it.

Archived