Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Yes but if you don't believe the bible was authentic then how can it really be discussed. For instance the writings of Paul whose words are often quoted by christians.Do you think he existed? If people don't believe that is an historical fact.Then there can't really be anything much to say about it.

I think it's peoples interpretations and trying to apply somethign written so long ago to the modern day that so many people disagree with.

Also the cherry picking of certain passages over others by the higher echelons of the church to promote their own agenda.

If jesus came back to earth now I believe he'd be more disapointed in the rightwing christians who are supposedly defending what he said.

I think it's peoples interpretations and trying to apply somethign written so long ago to the modern day that so many people disagree with.

Also the cherry picking of certain passages over others by the higher echelons of the church to promote their own agenda.

If jesus came back to earth now I believe he'd be more disapointed in the rightwing christians who are supposedly defending what he said.

You're quite right,and i must admit i'm no expert on the bible,and the bits i hear and don't understand i tend to ignore.So i am just as guilty as those who cherry pick,

but as wer'e on the subject of gay marriage,and people often quote from Paul who wrote about homosexuality.My own view of that is that Paul was only human and subject to the prejudices of that time when people did not have the Psycholical knowledge that they do today.

You're quite right,and i must admit i'm no expert on the bible,and the bits i hear and don't understand i tend to ignore.So i am just as guilty as those who cherry pick,

but as wer'e on the subject of gay marriage,and people often quote from Paul who wrote about homosexuality.My own view of that is that Paul was only human and subject to the prejudices of that time when people did not have the Psycholical knowledge that they do today.

Janie48 is a top notch christian imo :)

What i find shameful is that its 2012 and we're still discussing gay marriage, normal people accept that most religious people are bit backwards and prehistoric with their views but gay marriage like any other marriage or commitment is no one else s business.

What i find shameful is that its 2012 and we're still discussing gay marriage, normal people accept that most religious people are bit backwards and prehistoric with their views but gay marriage like any other marriage or commitment is no one else s business.

most" normal people "which according to you would be non religious ,I think you'll find accept the fact that once you have morally degraded marriage and begun to accept all forms of marriage, there is no such thing as marriage anymore, and therefor there are no such thing as children being born out of wedlock. Legalizing gay marriage begins a moral and social decline that is impossible to stop.

most" normal people "which according to you would be non religious ,I think you'll find accept the fact that once you have morally degraded marriage and begun to accept all forms of marriage, there is no such thing as marriage anymore, and therefor there are no such thing as children being born out of wedlock. Legalizing gay marriage begins a moral and social decline that is impossible to stop.

if children being born out of wedlock is your major concern I think you are about a decade or two too late.

How is the commitment of two people to spend their lives together in a loving union immoral?

How is the commitment of two people to spend their lives together in a loving union immoral?

Because the world will slowly tip up on its axis and all its goodness and morality will slide into the firepits of hell and theres nothing we can do to stop it!!! Don't you SEE?

:confused::huh::confused:

How does it do that Ousetunes?

Why shouldn't gay people be allowed to marry and share the same rights under the law as straight people?

2 reasons

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

Archived