Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

2 reasons

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

Why did you not quote the full dictionary definition?

a) the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

c) the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

2 an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

3 an intimate or close union

2 reasons

Marriage =

a) = the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

b) = the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law

Just need to change a few words - no problem there really is there?

2 reasons

Marriage =

You do know that the dictionary isn't set in stone, words do change their meaning over time and definitions change. So it'll be really easy to sort out your little conundrum.

Talk us through the thought process that led you to this conclusion.

I don't need to justify my morals to you or anyone else. The fact is that whatever the PC brigade say, there are a significant number of people who find gay relationships at best uncomfortable and at worst a perverted form of sexual deviancy. As I posted earlier, 99% of the UK population is straight so who exactly is so desperate for gay marriage to be made legal?

I don't need to justify my morals to you or anyone else. The fact is that whatever the PC brigade say, there are a significant number of people who find gay relationships at best uncomfortable and at worst a perverted form of sexual deviancy. As I posted earlier, 99% of the UK population is straight so who exactly is so desperate for gay marriage to be made legal?

I wasn't asking you to justify your feelings, I was trying to understand them. However, if you're not comfortable with how you feel then fair enough.

I do find it interesting that you do feel you don't have to justify your morals, but you are very fast to criticise others when after all, how does what other consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes really effect you?

Me, and most of my friends, straight, gay, or not bothered.

It's about equality, and it has nothing to do with sex, or what people do or don't consider to be deviant, and it is slightly puzzling why you are so caught up in the detail.

I presume you have no issue with same-sex activity when it is called masterbation btw. Some people think that is pretty 'deviant'. :hihi:

Me, and most of my friends, straight, gay, or not bothered.

It's about equality, and it has nothing to do with sex, or what people do or don't consider to be deviant, and it is slightly puzzling why you are so caught up in the detail.

I presume you have no issue with same-sex activity when it is called masterbation btw. Some people think that is pretty 'deviant'. :hihi:

Some people seem to forget that that society is nothing more than a collection of minorities. By looking after the rights of those minorities, you are strengthening our society as a whole.

most" normal people "which according to you would be non religious ,I think you'll find accept the fact that once you have morally degraded marriage and begun to accept all forms of marriage, there is no such thing as marriage anymore, and therefor there are no such thing as children being born out of wedlock. Legalizing gay marriage begins a moral and social decline that is impossible to stop.

That's an entirely subjective statement. With which I completely disagree.

Legalising gay marriage is a moral and social step forward, embracing the quality that we'd like our society to be based on. It's all part of an accelerating process of liberalisation which leaves no place in society for those who would discriminate against others for any reason.

Archived