Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Do you really believe that same sex marriages would then lead to incest, bestiality or pedophilia becoming more socially acceptable?

Ironically, it's also the nations where homosexuality is punishable by death that have the lowest age of consent for marrying young girls.

Does your support for minorities also include support for a gay minority christian group who happen to believe in a holy book that covers 6000 years of history and has been referred to on the thread as a "book of fairy tales"

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Search.html

I don't understand your question, what rights are the gay minority Christian group campaigning for?

But it's the thin end of the wedge and by making one form of sexual perversion acceptable you open a whole new can of worms.

Exactly the same thing was said in 2004/2005 prior to the introduction of civil partnerships.

What about other taboo forms of sexual behaviour such as incest, bestiality or paedophilia - should these activities be socially acceptable next. All the arguments in favour of gay marriage could just as easily apply to those?

The people who previously railed against civil parnerships, claiming exactly what you have just said about gay marriage, are now saying that they are okay with them. It's just marriage they have a problem with they claim.

The reality is that there has been no social acceptance of incest, bestiality or paedophilia as a result of civil partnerships, just as there will not be when gay marriage is allowed.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/3f1df970-6d70-11e1-b6ff-00144feab49a.html#axzz1pSrBZ9pd

One of the most striking (and heartwarming) social developments of the past decade is just how quickly civil partnerships have become entirely unremarkable. It is hard to believe the same would not be true of gay marriage. But maybe this easy acceptance is what is really driving the increasingly apocalyptic warnings. Perhaps, what worries opponents is not that marriage and society will be disastrously undermined by this reform, but that they won’t.

Ironically, it's also the nations where homosexuality is punishable by death that have the lowest age of consent for marrying young girls.

ironically in the very same nations most unmarried men take boys ,some as young as 7 for sex and everybody just turns a blind eye to it.

Probably just the right to have their beliefs respected. Thats All!

Anybody that advocates for their beliefs (whatever they are) to be 'respected' is advocating for intolerance. It is usually done with threats and violence.

I respect their rights to hold whatever beliefs they want to, but they cannot expect me to respect those beliefs.

ironically in the very same nations most unmarried men take boys ,some as young as 7 for sex and everybody just turns a blind eye to it.

That's terrible. Almost as bad as sect of a religion covering up similar abuse by it's officials.

That's terrible. Almost as bad as sect of a religion covering up similar abuse by it's officials.

you've got to be either thick or stupid to think a few catholic priests getting their end away with choirboys is anywhere near as bad as what happens to the

tribal kids in afghanistan who have no one turn to and just have to accept it as part of their culture:loopy:

But it's the thin end of the wedge and by making one form of sexual perversion acceptable you open a whole new can of worms.

Have you got some issue? You should probably share them with your psychiatrist rather than the whole forum.

What about other taboo forms of sexual behaviour such as incest, bestiality or paedophilia - should these activities be socially acceptable next. All the arguments in favour of gay marriage could just as easily apply to those?

I think these are quite different to two consenting adults, don't you?

Maybe with the exception of incest, I can't remember the last time I heard of a prosecution for that though!

Archived