Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Probably just the right to have their beliefs respected. Thats All!

I have no issue with that, I do not want to stop any person believing whatever they want to. I just think that the state should offer equality, irrespective of any faith's beliefs.

Anybody that advocates for their beliefs (whatever they are) to be 'respected' is advocating for intolerance. It is usually done with threats and violence.

I respect their rights to hold whatever beliefs they want to, but they cannot expect me to respect those beliefs.

It always has to be the same though doesn't it, anyone who subscribes to a debate like this and is theist, has to induce their beliefs being mocked or ridiculed."book of fairy tales" and is expected to ignore it.

I don't need to justify my morals to you or anyone else. The fact is that whatever the PC brigade say, there are a significant number of people who find gay relationships at best uncomfortable and at worst a perverted form of sexual deviancy. As I posted earlier, 99% of the UK population is straight so who exactly is so desperate for gay marriage to be made legal?

The fact is that those people are either stupid or bigoted. Or both.

It always has to be the same though doesn't it, anyone who subscribes to a debate like this and is theist, has to induce their beliefs being mocked or ridiculed."book of fairy tales" and is expected to ignore it.

Did you not see those words I included in brackets?

It is harsh. I prefer "Collection of Myths".

Where does this fear come from that removing a ban on homosexual sex (in 1967), or homosexual partnerships (in 2005), or homosexual marriage (in 2012) can only lead to all sorts of other perversions?

This sort of logic can only come from somebody who fears their own sexual urges, of what they might do if unshackled from the constrains of illegality, and then think everybody else must be the same.

Archived