Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

There was a green party lady on the Andrew Marr show who said I can not belive in this day and age we are still talking about this? Gay marriage.

My question is what has this day and age got to do with right or wrong. And second just because she holds a certain standpoint why should she ridicule anyone wanting to discuss a opposite view

My view is marriage is God given and it's not for governments to change

do you think people didn't get married before your god was invented or that people of other faiths and none don't get married?

My marriage wasn't "god given". It was granted to me by the town mayor in the country I was married in. It has been legally recognised by the UK government to mean that, most importantly, the person I married and me are one another's next of kin. If we'd carried on living together without being married that would never have been the case. There was no suggestion of anyone's god/gods/goddesses in our wedding ceremony, as surely should be the case. If such beliefs are your thing then you can head off to your chosen place of worship to have your union blessed by your deity after the event. Your deity should have no role in a legal ceremony

There was a green party lady on the Andrew Marr show who said I can not belive in this day and age we are still talking about this? Gay marriage.

My question is what has this day and age got to do with right or wrong. And second just because she holds a certain standpoint why should she ridicule anyone wanting to discuss a opposite view

Does that mean I can sue God for giving me my first wife?

No one has ever proved that God does not exist and if you have faith in government God help you

that's not the point, human society existed before the judaic god and people got married, I've no idea whether they had gay marriages, but they certainly got married in ancient babylon, egypt , india and china without reference to your god and so did I

do you think people didn't get married before your god was invented or that people of other faiths and none don't get married?

So why is marriage needed should we all have civil partnerships?

Why can not heterosexual have civil partnerships?

So why is marriage needed should we all have civil partnerships?

Why can not heterosexual have civil partnerships?

ideally straight people will have civil partnerships and gays marriage -then we can all choose - if your god forbids either , then don't do it

Does anyone care?

I meant does anyone care what they get up to, in private.

Do you, or does any one care what normal people get up to?

Sexuality should be a private thing, and not shoved in everyones face.

Do you think that getting married is shoving your sexuality in everyones face? If so, do you only think that about gay couples, or is it everyone?