Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

They are reasons I have given leading to a conclusion.

Marriage is not for same sex couples as explained many many times.It is not discrimination no matter how many times this claim is made as you are not comparing like with like.

This is not a reason, it's just how the law currently stands, all you keep repeating is "this is how it is, so this is how it should be"

[/b]

That is the basis of my argument and why different but equal ceremonies are appropriate.

It is not to make one group more equal or better than the other but to identify basic differences.

As stated many times before a man and woman are different no matter how many arguments are repeated in different ways this basic fact never changes therefore my argument stands.

It is not equal but different though is it, if one cannot have exactly the same as the other. Why is this so hard to grasp?

They are reasons I have given leading to a conclusion.

Marriage is not for same sex couples as explained many many times.

It is not discrimination no matter how many times this claim is made as you are not comparing like with like.

They are not reasons, they are prejudices.

As far as I can see, there has not been a single even half valid reason presented by those who object. I would even go as far as to say that these quasi-arguments are nothing more than a personal distaste of male homosexual sexual acts which people seem to find devalues their own marriages and their marital sex therein by placing the two on an equal foooting. A lot of people on here clearly have issues and are projecting them into this entire debate, which is wholly inappropriate not to mention unfair. Deal with them rather than trying to discriminate against people who are not like you and impose your own narrow value system and definition of marriage.

The basic flaw in all your arguments is that you are classing male and female as the same when they are not.

I keep repeating my point as it seems very hard for some to understand the above point.

If I may be as bold to suggest some may be using an argument of discrimination and unequality to hide the basic envy which is their real problem.

Originally Posted by PaliRichard

There seems to be a general feeling that the religious and gay people have a natural aversion to each other.[/Quote]

I wouldn't agree with that sentiment. I'm equally in favour of a gay Christian couple being married by a vicar, but there are some religious people that wouldn't allow this. The Catholic Church is going as far as lobbying against civil marriage.

The fundamental divide is people who want the liberty to marry who they wish, and people who want to control marriage for other people. Not all religious people fit in one group.

Which was my entire point.

I am religious and what gay people may choose to do/not do is up to them (and the law of the land), it has nothing to do with me.

Generally speaking however the opinion (and you only have to pick up a newspaper, or read threads like this one) is that the religious and gay people have some kind of automatic hatred of each other, my post was to demonstrate that this was not always the case.

I'm not sure by saying that you are in favour but some religious people aren't really constitutes you not agreeing with me?!?

You've left me a little confused :help:

The basic flaw in all your arguments is that you are classing male and female as the same when they are not.

I keep repeating my point as it seems very hard for some to understand the above point.

If I may be as bold to suggest some may be using an argument of discrimination and unequality to hide the basic envy which is their real problem.

Envy of what? What are you talking about? Men and woman are also different, so by your 'reasoning', should only men have certain rights that women don't? It is your argument which is deeeply flawed.

I haven't seen ANYBODY state this, are you sure you didn't imagine it?

Like I asked before, what is there to be envious of?

Envy of what? What are you talking about? Men and woman are also different, so by your 'reasoning', should only men have certain rights that women don't? It is your argument which is deeeply flawed.

Quite obvious what I have been talking about all along but most pro posters seem to ignore the basic reason.

Please read my other posts to have a clear understanding.

I haven't seen ANYBODY state this, are you sure you didn't imagine it?

All the pro arguments are based on this.

Like I asked before, what is there to be envious of?

Something that a certain group qualify for but others do not fit the criteria.

Archived