Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

that's not the point, human society existed before the judaic god and people got married, I've no idea whether they had gay marriages, but they certainly got married in ancient babylon, egypt , india and china without reference to your god and so did I

The God of the Bible was in babylon and Egypt and only Israel were God's chosen people then so the people of India and China worship graven idols now thanks to Jesus we can all come to the one true God

Do you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Nobody has ever proved that it does not exist.

You write a book about your spaghetti monster with 66 books by lots of different people over 15 century's in Hebrew Greek and arimaic. And have over a million book written on it, Then when iv asked the spaghetti monster to help me in my life and he helps then ill believe in the spaghetti monster till then give me the Bible. All the rest is just bollagnaise

The God of the Bible was in babylon and Egypt and only Israel were God's chosen people then so the people of India and China worship graven idols now thanks to Jesus we can all come to the one true God

that wasn't the point, the point was that the good folk of ancient china, india babylon etc didn't share your beliefs but they did get married , therefore marriage has nothing to do with your god .

If they cared they'd probably say the same about you, and there holy book was written first, by more people in more obscure languages. And there are more of them. And I expect that more of them will claim to have received help.

Where does that leave your faith?

I can answer my own question, it leaves it unchanged, faith isn't open to debate or reason, it's blind, unquestioning and talking about it is ultimately futile. There's little point in debating with someone who makes being irrational a central point to his life.

Marriage however, definitely pre-dates Christianity, so your particular religion has no claim over it and should avoid making itself look less and less relevant by staying out of current affairs and politics.

that wasn't the point, the point was that the good folk of ancient china, india babylon etc didn't share your beliefs but they did get married , therefore marriage has nothing to do with your god .

Interesting so you are now saying marriage is universal so where did it come from and did it ever include same sex marriage

I wonder if neanderthals had marriage? with the neanderlasses in white polar bear frocks - did they have gay marriages with the others grumbling 'it's against nature - it's against the teachings of the god that will be invented by a similar species in a 100,000 years' - I reckon they did

If they cared they'd probably say the same about you, and there holy book was written first, by more people in more obscure languages. And there are more of them. And I expect that more of them will claim to have received help.

Where does that leave your faith?

I can answer my own question, it leaves it unchanged, faith isn't open to debate or reason, it's blind, unquestioning and talking about it is ultimately futile. There's little point in debating with someone who makes being irrational a central point to his life.

Marriage however, definitely pre-dates Christianity, so your particular religion has no claim over it and should avoid making itself look less and less relevant by staying out of current affairs and politics.

You can not date my reiigon the God of the Bible predates every man made idol worship and.my.faith is not blind I just see what you don't. Along with many scientists.

I wonder if neanderthals had marriage? with the neanderlasses in white polar bear frocks - did they have gay marriages with the others grumbling 'it's against nature - it's against the teachings of the god that will be invented by a similar species in a 100,000 years' - I reckon they did

Well done Frank now that's what I call blind faith

I've just watched the news, where all the church attendee's were being asked to lobby against gay marriage, and the one's that were interviewed as they left all spoke very favourably about civil partnerships. "What's wrong with civil partnerships?" they all said, "why do they need marriage?".

In response to the first question, you need to wind the clock back to 2004, when civil partnerships were introduced, and remind yourself what the Catholic Church was saying was so horribly wrong with civil partnerships.

My answer to the second question is that it makes them happy, and has no effect on your life whatsoever. I can think of no reason for preventing people from being happy, if it causes no harm to others.