Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Quite obvious what I have been talking about all along but most pro posters seem to ignore the basic reason.

Please read my other posts to have a clear understanding.

I haven't seen ANYBODY state this, are you sure you didn't imagine it?

Like I asked before, what is there to be envious of?

Something that a certain group qualify for but others do not fit the criteria.

I've read em all. They're full of terrible reasoning.

What they say. There is no reasoning as such whatsoever, just a summary of the current position vis a vis marriage. That is not a justification for anything. And what is this envy? I've asked as have others.

What they say. There is no reasoning as such whatsoever, just a summary of the current position vis a vis marriage. That is not a justification for anything. And what is this envy? I've asked as have others.

Basically I think his point is that gay people are jealous that they can't get married, and thats why they want to get married and thats why they shouldn't be able to get married, because getting married is for straights, not gays. Geddit? No, me neither.

because getting married is for straights, not gays. Geddit?

Here you enter "Harvey's Loop of Doom".

Why?

Because getting married is for men and women.

Why?

Because gay people have civil partnership.

Why?

Because getting married is for men and women.

Basically I think his point is that gay people are jealous that they can't get married, and thats why they want to get married and thats why they shouldn't be able to get married, because getting married is for straights, not gays. Geddit? No, me neither.

Hetero-envy? Move over Freud!:hihi:

Okay, I misunderstood your point. I retract it. :)

We're in agreement. Religion should have no role to play in controling who can marry.

No bother, it's not the best medium to get ideas accross in at times, and misunderstandings often occur, I think that's probably how half the bickering on here starts :hihi:

Cheers Chris

:thumbsup:

Archived