Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Other posters must believe my argument has credit otherwise they would not spend so much time trying to discredit it.
That too does not follow, you clearly haven't got the hang of this whole logic thing.

I may have persuaded some that I am right but as they have previously commited themselves they don't want to admit I am right.

Who knows ?

Me! I do, I know. You have not convinced anyone.

Whats the Muslim stance on this issue?? anybody??

I know what the Christian stance on it is so spare me!

Yes i am quite interested in what other non Christian religions think not just Muslims,but other major religions.I have allready mentioned this,but have been informed that this is not relevent to the issue of Gay marriage in Christian churches. I expect though they are divided just like Christians and atheists.

Since you have not made your own position clear (though the way i read your posts i assumed you were not a Christian) whatever you are though does not really concern me.

What i object to is your assumption that anyone opposing to same-sex marriage in a church,must be a capitalist.

Yes i am quite interested in what other non Christian religions think not just Muslims,but other major religions.I have allready mentioned this,but have been informed that this is not relevent to the issue of Gay marriage in Christian churches. I expect though they are divided just like Christians and atheists.

Since you have not made your own position clear (though the way i read your posts i assumed you were not a Christian) whatever you are though does not really concern me.

What i object to is your assumption that anyone opposing to same-sex marriage in a church,must be a capitalist.

The Buddhist view is simple, it's irrelevant. Homosexuality doesn't come into Buddhism any more than hetrosexuality does. Any sexual activity in relation to the goal is unskillful because it creates desire. There is a huge list in the Vinaya about prohibited sexual actions (for monks), which cumulated in all sexual activity being prohibited. For lay followers we are simply told that unskillful (that which creates unnecessary desire) activity is not to be partaken in. There is no mention at all about homosexual behaviour being more unskillful than hetrosexual behaviour.

The Buddhist view is simple, it's irrelevant. Homosexuality doesn't come into Buddhism any more than hetrosexuality does. Any sexual activity in relation to the goal is unskillful because it creates desire. There is a huge list in the Vinaya about prohibited sexual actions (for monks), which cumulated in all sexual activity being prohibited. For lay followers we are simply told that unskillful (that which creates unnecessary desire) activity is not to be partaken in. There is no mention at all about homosexual behaviour being more unskillful than hetrosexual behaviour.

Those aren't exactly the details i was curious about,but i expect some will be interested in those facts.

An unsubstantiated presumption !

You haven't convinced anyone; you don't have an argument with which to convince anyone.

Your sole line of reasoning is ' because something is so, it must always be so' - which is patently utter nonsense.

You haven't convinced anyone; you don't have an argument with which to convince anyone.

Your sole line of reasoning is ' because something is so, it must always be so' - which is patently utter nonsense.

I think that Harvey19 must be on a wind up, surely?

Archived