Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Those aren't exactly the details i was curious about,but i expect some will be interested in those facts.

I'm afraid I don't understand Janie?!?

Hots on asked what the Muslim stance on this (is gay marriage shameful?) issue.

You said you would be interested in what the other major religions think having quoted Hots on.

I put forward the Buddhist stance (last time I checked one of the 'major' religions) and some basic reasoning behind it.

You then said that those weren't the details you were curious about! I only answered what you asked, I'm not entirely sure what you want? :help:

Muslims have three options, and the varying degrees inbetween:

Follow the Koran, and they won't accept any homosexuality. It's all a sin.

Ignore the Koran, tolerate homosexuals, but they don't accept that gay people can marry.

Ignore the Koran, and accept gay people can marry.

An unsubstantiated presumption !

One that's easy enough to check though.

Can anyone who has previously stated a view for or indifferent to gay marriage on this thread and has been convinced by harvey19's arguments and is now against it reply to this post.

I'm afraid I don't understand Janie?!?

Hots on asked what the Muslim stance on this (is gay marriage shameful?) issue.

You said you would be interested in what the other major religions think having quoted Hots on.

I put forward the Buddhist stance (last time I checked one of the 'major' religions) and some basic reasoning behind it.

You then said that those weren't the details you were curious about! I only answered what you asked, I'm not entirely sure what you want? :help:

I was just thinking of religions like Hindus,muslims and sikkism

With there being so many asian communities in Britain.

I wondered if their leaders are at all concerned that their own religions might later be interfered with regarding the intervention of the goverment.

To be honest i hadn't really thought about Buddhism. Sorry:blush:

I was just thinking of religions like Hindus,muslims and sikkism

With there being so many asian communities in Britain.

I wondered if their leaders are at all concerned that their own religions might later be interfered with regarding the intervention of the goverment.

To be honest i hadn't really thought about Buddhism. Sorry:blush:

It's not a problem, you just really confused me :hihi:

Nevermind, it's not the first time this thread has baffled me :P

Still amazed that many pro posters think their views should champion over others views whilst ignoring reasoned argument.

You're either taking the pi** or you are actually not very bright.

These are the two arguments:

1. Yours (against change):

Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry

Why:

They are different and shouldn't be allowed the same legal

status in marriage because they are different.

2. Others (for change):

Gays should be allowed to marry

Why:

They should be allowed equal legal status in marriage, for equality

and to end the discrimination. It affects nobody else other than the

two people directly involved.

Your "reasoned argument" is actually an example of WHY it should be allowed. You are oblivious to the fact that you are reinforcing the reasons why the law should be changed :roll:

Why is gay marriage seen as shameful, I don't think it matters as long as the two people are happy what's it matter to anyone.

Not like what they do will effect anyone else.

There is nothing shamefull about gay marriage or a union between homosexuals and I don't think anyone is saying there is, certainly not me.

One that's easy enough to check though.

Can anyone who has previously stated a view for or indifferent to gay marriage on this thread and has been convinced by harvey19's arguments and is now against it reply to this post.

I should imagine that anyone indifferent to the issue would now be more FOR the change, if they have read Harvey19's extremely well-thought out arguments!

Archived