Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Cardinal Keith O' Brien thinks so; he's also likened it to legalising slavery.

I think he's talking nonsense. What do you think?

His views are not as extreme as those of leaders of other faiths, who would have gays stoned to death or hanged.

You're either taking the pi** or you are actually not very bright.

These are the two arguments:

1. Yours (against change):

Gays shouldn't be allowed to marry

Why:

They are different and shouldn't be allowed the same legal

status in marriage because they are different.

2. Others (for change):

Gays should be allowed to marry

Why:

They should be allowed equal legal status in marriage, for equality

and to end the discrimination. It affects nobody else other than the

two people directly involved.

Your "reasoned argument" is actually an example of WHY it should be allowed. You are oblivious to the fact that you are reinforcing the reasons why the law should be changed :roll:

You are still missiing the reason I have explained several times. You are not comparing like with like.

His views are not as extreme as those of leaders of other faiths, who would have gays stoned to death or hanged.

Let's let it drop then based on the actions of another set of religious nutters who live in the past. Your actions don't have to be life threatening to be as equally sick.

Imagine if we didn't divide people by their genitalia. What if we did it by height or weight or disposition? What if we banned people of a similar personality from marrying because it was 'unnatural' and likely to end in turmoil?

What if we said that two people of the same hair colour could have a civil service but couldn't be married?

There is nothing shamefull about gay marriage or a union between homosexuals and I don't think anyone is saying there is, certainly not me.

Hope you managed to get the grass cut. You certainly have earned a rest.:)

If some had seen the posts that i saw one evening a few days ago,with vile homophobic rantings (removed in minutes), then it would be more apparent! what true homophobia really is.

Hope you managed to get the grass cut. You certainly have earned a rest.:)

If some had seen the posts that i saw one evening a few days ago,with vile homophobic rantings (removed in minutes), then it would be more apparent! what true homophobia really is.

True homophobia is when you discriminate based on gender and sexuality. Trying to convince through ranting or restraint doesn't change the fact it's homophobic so your argument is moot.

Let's let it drop then based on the actions of another set of religious nutters who live in the past. Your actions don't have to be life threatening to be as equally sick.
Mmmm, so denying someone a marriage ceremony when there is an equivalent ceremony with a different name is as sick as stoning someone to death? Methinks not. My interest in this is simply that there are more extreme views that need to be dealt with first. Catholics, and other Christians in general, are a soft target.

True homophobia is when you discriminate based on gender and sexuality. Trying to convince through ranting or restraint doesn't change the fact it's homophobic so your argument is moot.

I make distinctions between men and women.Those distinctions i choose to take into account in relation to church matrimony.

Should you you wish to label me as homophobic,then thats your choice.

Archived