Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

Donor sperm for lesbians or a surrogate for gay men. Quite simple. Assisted conception and surrogacy are also used by straight couples, so no difference.
By which we reach the conclusion that the same sex couple do not create life; one of the same sex couple in conjunction with a person of the required gender are what create life. The same sex couple merely raise somebody else's child.

Instead of answering individuals posts I will give a combined answer.

A man and woman have massive physical differences whether called sex or gender difference.

A man and woman can create life.

Two men or two women cannot create life.

These are FACTS.

Many posters are disregarding these facts when posting their opinions.

I'll echo Chris's sentiment. What has the above twaddle got to do with marriage?

As for "disregarding" you're actually adding something which isn't relevant to the op, so not surprising eh?

A man and woman have massive physical differences whether called sex or gender difference.

These are FACTS.

An utterly ridiculous comparison conjured randomly from the ether while blatantly ignoring other salient points (presumably because they don't suit your argument).

There are plenty of other things that can be achieved by a same-sex couple (and plenty of other differences), but none of those things should impact on whether a pairing should be able to marry.

Edit: Ultimately, it all boils down to prejudice and whether you instinctively feel same-sex marriage is "wrong".

These are FACTS.

Why do you keep banging on about this? What relevance does procreation have to marriage?

People are disregarding these "facts" because they not required for marriage.

Your constant cycle of unrelated "points" suggests you don't really have any valid argument and are in fact trying to divert attention away from the subject.

Archived