Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

That's a definition you've chosen specifically to exclude a group of people, there's no reason that procreation should be anything to do with the definition of marriage.

It is what a man and woman can do and seperates them from same sez couples.

How many times must it be explained.

A form of union equal and equaly respected different for hetrosexual and homosexual couples.

Again that is a contradiction in terms.

You cannot have two unions which are different, but at the same time equal.

A male and a female are different sexes/genders. This is what seperates them from same sex/same gender couples.

The fact that a man and a woman (sometimes) have the ability to produce offspring has nothing to do with their ability to form a stable relationship with one another.

You do realise we have already explained, rationally and at length, multiple times, earlier in this thread why your premise is utter cobblers, don't you?

I and my ex husband married. We were, funnily enough of opposite sexes.

We found that we couldn't reproduce.

It is the difference between man and woman which creates the possibility but obviously there are times when this doesn't happen by choice or medical reasons.

cobblers.

My ex husband and I could not reproduce. a same-sex couple, according to your premise, cannot do so either.

ergo, by your logic, we were identical to a same sex couple, so what is the difference between me and my ex hub, and a same sex couple, inasmuch as we are (well, were ) both loving, established couples, who had entered into a life-partnership commitment.

A male and a female are different sexes/genders. This is what seperates them from same sex/same gender couples.

The fact that a man and a woman (sometimes) have the ability to produce offspring has nothing to do with their ability to form a stable relationship with one another.

I agree with you there.

Archived