Gay marriage - 'shameful'?

cobblers.

My ex husband and I could not reproduce. a same-sex couple, according to your premise, cannot do so either.

ergo, by your logic, we were identical to a same sex couple, so what is the difference between me and my ex hub, and a same sex couple, inasmuch as we are (well, were both loving, established couples, who had entered into a life-partnership commitment.

One is a man the other a woman.

Originally Posted by PaliRichard

harvey,

The thread is titled is gay marriage shameful.

Is gay marriage shameful?

If so, why?

Irrelevant of who can do what with who![/Quote]

The union between homosexuals is not shamefull.[/Quote]

That wasn't the question, it was 'is gay marriage shameful'?

I think marriage is inappropriate for reasons given.[/Quote]

That wasn't the question, it wasn't 'is gay marriage appropriate', it was 'is gay marriage shameful'?

There should be a union equal and equally respected as there is between hetrosexuals.[/Quote]

That would be marriage.

I appreciate the debate has strayed far from the original question but don't think anyone has expressed the view that the reasons for arging is because of shame.

But that is the question. Is gay marriage shameful? If gay marriage, regardless of wether it be in a civil or religious setting, was legalised should it be something as a society that we should be ashamed of? If so, why?

It is an easy enough question to answer.

I think I have answered all questions put to me in a logical reasonable way and not ducked any.

The debate is repeating itself and so becoming circular and boring so it's probably time for me to leave.

Sometimes we have to agree to differ but may all couples of whatever sex and whatever union they enter into have happy lives together without prejudice or envy.

That wasn't the question, it was 'is gay marriage shameful'?

That wasn't the question, it wasn't 'is gay marriage appropriate', it was 'is gay marriage shameful'?

That would be marriage.

But that is the question. Is gay marriage shameful? If gay marriage, regardless of wether it be in a civil or religious setting, was legalised should it be something as a society that we should be ashamed of? If so, why?

It is an easy enough question to answer.

Not shamefull but inappropriate.

I think I have answered all questions put to me in a logical reasonable way and not ducked any.

The debate is repeating itself and so becoming circular and boring so it's probably time for me to leave.

Sometimes we have to agree to differ but may all couples of whatever sex and whatever union they enter into have happy lives together without prejudice or envy.

It's your argument that's the circular one!

If you really and truly feel you want to take your bat-and-ball home off the park, you're perfectly entitled to do so.

Doing so does not make your premise any less wrong, incidentally.

Hear hear.

It has been an interesting and enjoyable debate with you Harvey, but I think we must agree to disagree.

Archived